SOLD - EMISSION LABS SOLID PLATE 45’S

RickRichardson

SOLD - EMISSION LABS SOLID PLATE 45’S
« on: 27 Jun 2017, 12:17 am »
BOTH PAIRS ARE SOLD
These are by far the best 45 tubes I have tried.  I have sold my 45 amp, so the tubes are next. 

I have two pair for sale, both purchased from JACMUSIC.  Both pair are in excellent condition in their original boxes and with original papers.  The price for a new pair now is about $570.  These are amazingly well built tubes with stellar reliability and longevity.  I have seen reports of a pair of these with 23,000 hours of documented use still testing as new. 

Pair A is SOLD
Pair A tested at 2750 and 2700 on my Hickok 539A tube tester, where 1800 is new / nominal.   Very strong and closely matched.  Both tubes show a small amount of glue at the base of the glass.  This was the condition when I received them new.  I personally do not consider this in any way detracting from their performance, but I wanted to note it in the spirit of full disclosure.   I am asking $300 for this pair.

SOLD
Pair B tested at 2400 and 2250 on my Hickok 539A tube tester, where 1800 is new / nominal.  Very strong and well matched.  To test the sonic differences between the two tubes, I used the Stereophile test CD with Left and Right channels only.  I then swapped the tubes and tested again.  Based on this I found less than 1 dB difference between the tubes.  This was measured at my listening position with a sound level meter – the difference between 59 dB and 60 dB.  This is an indistinguishable difference, in my opinion.  I am asking $280 for this pair.

Paypal only, buyer pays US shipping of $14 for each pair.  International buyers please inquire for the shipping cost to your location. 

« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2017, 10:40 pm by RickRichardson »

beeah

Re: FS - EMISSION LABS SOLID PLATE 45’S
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2017, 03:17 am »
PM sent - I'll take pair A.

Cheers,
Joe

Hellrot

Re: FS - EMISSION LABS SOLID PLATE 45’S
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2017, 08:14 pm »
HI,
I am in for the second pair.  Pm sent.