Vinnie Rossi interview: The man behind LIO, PURE-DC-4EVR, and the iMod

Vinnie R.

Many thanks to Rafe Arnott / Part-Time Audiophile for this enjoyable opportunity to discuss where I have been, where I am now, and what's coming next!

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/02/10/vinnie-rossi-interview-the-man-behind-lio-pure-dc-4evr-and-the-imod/

jpm

Nice article - and you get to tease us with upcoming offerings again :)

In the last picture there's an optical player sitting on top of the Mini power supply. I recall an old article mentioning that RWA once planned to offer an off grid optical player, is that one of them? Are there any DC powered optical transports that you know of and / or would recommend?

jriggy

Great to read your history, Vinnie! Nice interview with some cool details about you and your products...
I am looking forward to the spring.
Thanks for posting.

Jason

smargo

jpm

Any chance of getting a tee shirt?

Now there's an idea! Maybe each LIO should come wrapped in one?

magnuska

Yes I T-shirt would be nice  :D

Vinnie - a good and interesting interwiew , thanks for that.
I am returning to the amp 2.0. You reveal some thoughts about that you will use the autoformer technique. Can you tell us more
about this and why you choose this autoformer. And it will be customed to your design as I understand.
Will this autoformer design by default have some sonic signaure ? What can you say about that?

Any indications about upgrade pricing yet?

Sorry for being a bit impatient :oops:

Regards Magnus

Theobetley

Yes I want a tee shirt too. Ill wear it at Axpona like a badge of honor. What do you say Vinnie? I'll pay for it.

Vinnie R.

Nice article - and you get to tease us with upcoming offerings again :)

In the last picture there's an optical player sitting on top of the Mini power supply. I recall an old article mentioning that RWA once planned to offer an off grid optical player, is that one of them? Are there any DC powered optical transports that you know of and / or would recommend?

Hi jpm,

That CD Transport is the Olasonic NANO CD-1 (From Japan).  To get the best pricing, order on Ebay from a Japanese reseller offering the best pricing (I've seen as low as $630 with free shipping to the USA, and as high as $1000.  So price around.).  It's an excellent little transport for the money and comes with a plastic remote.  The stock power adapter is a cheap SMPS, but if you feed this transport with the MINI (which actually has very similar footprint, so they stack nicely to save space if needed), you'll be in for a treat!

All,

I'll look into getting a quantity of T-shirts made.  Too bad there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all T-shirts  :duh:

You reveal some thoughts about that you will use the autoformer technique. Can you tell us more
about this and why you choose this autoformer. And it will be customed to your design as I understand.
Will this autoformer design by default have some sonic signaure ? What can you say about that?

Any indications about upgrade pricing yet?

Sorry for being a bit impatient :oops:

Hi Magnus,

I'll be going into detail about this in the future (in a separate thread).

Cheers!

Vinnie

smargo

All,

I'll look into getting a quantity of T-shirts made.  Too bad there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all T-shirts  :duh:

Vinnie

also - i noticed the "jazz at the pawnshop lp" i also have and love - its very impeccable sounding

Vinnie R.

also - i noticed the "jazz at the pawnshop lp" i also have and love - its very impeccable sounding

Wasn't mine, but I play what you guys bring me to play. :wink:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Wasn't mine, but I play what you guys bring me to play. :wink:
Good, I've already been working on my Axpona 2017 playlist.   :oops:

Vinnie R.

Good, I've already been working on my Axpona 2017 playlist.   :oops:

Looking forward to it! (well, I'm sure *most* of it)  :green:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel

jpm

That CD Transport is the Olasonic NANO CD-1 (From Japan).

As far as I can make out, the display on the Olasonic looks just about the same as the Project CD Box and CD Box S.   Do you have any experience with either of these?

Vinnie R.

As far as I can make out, the display on the Olasonic looks just about the same as the Project CD Box and CD Box S.   Do you have any experience with either of these?

I do not have experience with the Project, but the Olasonic is a different product (different front and rear panel), different input voltage...
The project has analog outputs.  The Olasonic is only a CD transport.

Olasonic is a Japanese company formed by ex-Sony engineers (who worked on SACD) - according to what I remember reading in a Stereophile show report...