If there is no limit, what kind of amp do you want?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: If there is no limit, what kind of amp do you want?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Apr 2017, 05:33 am »
Some seem to have missed the point of the thread. The OP is the Nuprime CEO. He is asking what future products we would like to see from Nuprime. He doesn't want or need us to post links to competitors. This thread is in the Nuprime circle.

Think about it.  :duh:

triumph

« Reply #21 on: 16 Apr 2017, 11:06 am »
No limit?

Hmm... ok.

I haven't followed the trend, but I'd love an amp with a wireless send to the speakers.  I'm fed up dealing with "spaghetti"  behind my amp.  All those wires add up quickly, and it becomes a real mess fast.  Is there a system that has hifi wireless send for amps?

Also, if it's a 2-channel amp, 2 pairs of outputs, each with selectable high and low pass.  It would make it a breeze to merge low end woofers (or subs) and a fullrange, or any 2-way combination. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #22 on: 16 Apr 2017, 11:26 am »
So can NuPrime implement the parallel CLass A and Class D that Devialet does? I do not know the intricacies but I see NuPrime has a separate, if you will, Class A and Class D circuits in series. I believe the Devialet has the A and D circuits running at the same time.

From what I have read if NuPrime could do that for thousands less than the competition they would be onto something. And I would be interested in trying it out against my Wells.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm »
Lower prices (without loss of quality) of course.

Smaller, with upgradability.

A website that doesn't keep going to blank pages.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #24 on: 16 Apr 2017, 12:29 pm »
Websites modeled to cel phones are PITA.

Eisener Bart

« Reply #25 on: 16 Apr 2017, 01:09 pm »
1) Pure monoblocks in price range 4 000 USD.
2) Pre-Amp with 2 pairs of XLR output which can control 4 channel simultaneously.

Shogun

« Reply #26 on: 16 Apr 2017, 05:27 pm »
It's all about the sound, a reference one, in a simple stereo box.

If you can get  close to the sound and musicality of the Reimyo KAP-777, at the fraction of the price.

https://youtu.be/gmaNWEN3ps4

artur9

« Reply #27 on: 17 Apr 2017, 01:29 am »
I want a 6-7 channel box with up to 100W/channel that runs cool, weighs about 20lbs with XLR and trigger inputs.

Or an amp that takes HDMI input in multi-channel PCM format and powers 7 speakers.  Still cool running and 20lbs. 

Or a wireless mono amp that doubles as a speaker plinth so that I can convert my passive speakers into actives.

nickd

« Reply #28 on: 17 Apr 2017, 03:03 am »
I admire the Nuprime gear. For disclosure, I own a Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 and am very happy.

In looking for a replacement, it would need to be a quality, all digital integrated with digital and analog input (the latter via analog to digital conversion) 4 or 6 Chanel (100 WPC or more)  with adjustable digital crossovers and automatic room correction via room perfect or similar DSP software. User friendly of course.

In a perfect world, it would run stored music from a hard drive and stream from Tidal etc. Did I mention firmware upgradable?

Well you asked....    :D

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #29 on: 17 Apr 2017, 03:38 am »
I want a 6-7 channel box with up to 100W/channel that runs cool, weighs about 20lbs with XLR and trigger inputs.

Or an amp that takes HDMI input in multi-channel PCM format and powers 7 speakers.  Still cool running and 20lbs. 

Or a wireless mono amp that doubles as a speaker plinth so that I can convert my passive speakers into actives.

Say, artur9.  Have you looked at the Nuprime MCH K38 amp? It mostly has the characteristics you mentioned but weighs about 30 pounds. It also sounds amazing (I have heard it.).

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #30 on: 17 Apr 2017, 03:56 am »
Is there a system that has hifi wireless send for amps?

Um... are you thinking of wireless speakers that have built-in amps? Basically all you need for that is a wireless transmitter, a receiver, and a plate amp.

Or are you thinking of wirelessly sending actual electrical power to a specific paired device over moderate distance? Because this doesn't exist, and if NuPrime ever figures out that technology they would revolutionize the tech industry and leave hifi in the dust.

larsg

« Reply #31 on: 17 Apr 2017, 08:02 am »
Integrated with RIAA.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #32 on: 17 Apr 2017, 11:28 am »
Wireless signal input, customized to the individual driver load, and built into (active) speakers.

gnostalgick

« Reply #33 on: 19 Apr 2017, 09:10 pm »
Having just recieved & hooked up my STA9, I'd like to add that a little more space between binding posts, rcas, etc. would have been appreciated.  (Only really an issue because I kept trying to connect it without moving my a/v rack).

viggen

« Reply #34 on: 19 Apr 2017, 09:52 pm »
an amp designed for high efficiency speakers?

my dda100 doesn't sound that great with my altec speakers but great with other more traditional speakers.

i suspect other digital amps do not sound so great with high efficiency speakers.

Blackmore

« Reply #35 on: 19 Apr 2017, 10:41 pm »
 How about a modern version of the Quad 34 preamp, but as an integrated? Bass lift and tilt controls!!!!  Then make the amp section customizable so that you only buy the amount of power you need.  I think that would be awesome.

Scott F.

« Reply #36 on: 20 Apr 2017, 11:42 am »
How about a modern version of the Quad 34 preamp, but as an integrated? Bass lift and tilt controls!!!!  Then make the amp section customizable so that you only buy the amount of power you need.  I think that would be awesome.

:thumb:

rustydoglim

« Reply #37 on: 20 Apr 2017, 01:59 pm »
Wow, a lot of wishes. This is great.  As someone has nicely pointed out, this is a Nuprime circle and topic is asking for future product wish list.
Please avoid promoting other brand's products here. Thanks.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #38 on: 20 Apr 2017, 06:19 pm »
A 250 wpc amp at 8 ohms that doubles at 4 ohms, is 2 ohm capable and leans just a bit on the warmer side, with detail, air and transparency and does not weigh 100lbs like my current amp.  High current. True balanced with XLR and single ended inputs. It must not accentuate sibilants and it must play well with tube preamps.  Oh yeah, it must be affordable.  Is that asking for too much :)

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #39 on: 21 Apr 2017, 12:36 am »
^ Hafler 9505 Transnova. 

-Dieter