A little love for the IDA-16 analog section

rebbi

A little love for the IDA-16 analog section
« on: 13 Feb 2018, 03:18 am »
Hello There,
Well, my IDA-16 has about 70 hours on it. Still forming my impressions but the sound is definitely coming together with more playing time.
Since so much attention given to the digital side of things, I wanted to give some love to the lowly AUX line level analog inputs. My LP’s sound pretty great through the Bottlehead Seduction phono stage I’ve been using for years. I mean, REALLY good, as in “better than Redbook CD’s.”  Smooth, clean and holographic. I understand that the analog inputs on this unit are not digitized, so it must be really good in and of itself. Just sharing.

seikosha

Re: A little love for the IDA-16 analog section
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2018, 02:18 pm »
How does the Nuprime stack up compared to the Krell?  I'd love to here about the differences in sound you're hearing.

Samac

Re: A little love for the IDA-16 analog section
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2018, 02:19 pm »
Hey, rebbi,

Thanks for your impressions of the AUX in. Out of necessity I have my tv going through AUX in (my tvs digital audio outputs in multi-channel only, so I have to use a dac for the tv :o). My tv does sound good through AUX though. :thumb:

Sounds like you are on track with the IDA-16. With mine the sound started coming together around the 100 hour mark. It started to really gel around the 300 hour mark. Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Scott