Amazing modded Parasound JC-1 monoblocks - SOLD

audioengr

Amazing modded Parasound JC-1 monoblocks - SOLD
« on: 6 Mar 2016, 07:47 pm »
I used these at multiple shows where my system got best of show.  These were my reference SS amps.  They beat other monoblock amps costing much more.  They crush Levinson, Krell, Pass Labs, Classe and others. They are in the league with D'agostino amps.  The output impedance is extremely low due to all of the output transistors, so they drive virtually any speaker load.   If your speaker have 4 ohm impedance, these will deliver about 1000W per side.  I am only selling them because I have converted to SET tubes.

The mods make a HUGE difference in these amps.  I have multiple customers raving about them and I can put anyone interested in contact with these customers.

New retail pricing on these amps is $9K and the mods for two of them is $4K.  IF you purchased a used set in good condition for $4500 and then added the mods, it would cost you $9500 plus shipping, and there is a 3 month lead-time.

I am willing to let this set go for $7500 plus shipping, a $2K savings over the best case scenario.  These are silver.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2016, 08:17 pm by audioengr »

roscoeiii

Re: Amazing modded Parasound JC-1 monoblocks
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2016, 09:44 pm »
Drooling...

ketcham

• Industry Participant
Re: Amazing modded Parasound JC-1 monoblocks
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2016, 11:28 pm »
I personally heard these amps myself in Steve's setup and can vouch for their worth.  With his dac directly feeding these monoblocks, the holography was something I have yet to see reproduced anywhere.