American Whiskey

WGH

American Whiskey
« on: 23 Dec 2017, 06:34 pm »
This Christmas I'm making a big pot of gumbo and a couple of pumpkin pies for our annual holiday party, an all American menu needs an all American whiskey to finish off the evening.

Whiskey Del Bac is a 100% hand made, small batch single malt whiskey made by my friend Steven Paul of Hamilton Distillers in Tucson, AZ. All the grain is grown locally by BKW Certified Organic Grain in Marana, AZ.
This year I picked up a bottle of the new and rare 120 proof Distillers Cut Cask Strength, an excellent and unique blend of the three types made: Dorado, Clear and Classic.
Hamilton Distillers is expanding their distribution, if you are real lucky you may find it.

Watch the short video about how to drink Whiskey Del Bac Cast Strength: http://hamiltondistillers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Ramon_cask.mp4
Look at that color, yum!

In July 2017 Esquire magazine picked Whiskey Del Bac Dorado as the 7th best whiskey in the US, in my humble opinion the Distillers Cut is much better.
http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/drinks/a54739/best-whiskey-distilleries-in-america/

Wayne

santacore

Re: American Whiskey
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2017, 03:39 am »
I love a good cask strength. Looking good. Cheers!

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2017, 02:49 pm »
And I thought you were actually from Arizona!  :thumb:

But since you are doing some gumbo you are obviously from South Louisiana Cajun country, right???  :green:

Gene

WGH

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2017, 03:47 pm »
Very close Gene. After graduating college I moved to Denver in 1972 with $100 in my pocket, my first friends were Jack, Carol and Pat, all three were from Lake Charles, Louisiana. We hung out together, worked together, partied together and they taught me how to make a proper gumbo.

Wayne

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2017, 11:59 pm »
Close enough. I'm at least half Cajun as my dad was pure Cajun, he spoke Cajun French before he spoke English. Next time I'm in Arizona, I'll drop by and see what Arizona gumbo tastes like. Hot gumbo in hot Arizona! WhooEeee.  :green:

Gene

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2017, 06:37 pm »
Thanks Santa! Don’t know anything about it but will try this evening. Mrs. Lester (aka Santa) said she liked the label.

santacore

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2017, 04:31 am »
I'm literally sipping some Contradiction right now! I like it plain and over ice. If you don't like it when first opened, give it some time, it gets better with some air.