RIP Bobby Palkovich

klaus@odyssey

RIP Bobby Palkovich
« on: 3 Sep 2015, 09:39 pm »
This is very, very sad news indeed...I just learned that Bobby Palkovich, the man behind Merlin speakers, passed away a couple of weeks ago......we teamed up at a couple of shows in the late 80's,  and stayed friendly over the years...he was a very cool, honest, and straight forward guy......Bobby, thinking of you....

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: RIP Bobby Palkovich
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2015, 10:35 pm »
RIP Bobby...

I met him at RMAF and had some nice conversations with him over the years he attended and gave him top marks one of the years I wrote a more detailed show report. He saw my report and thanked me, a really nice, classy guy that built great speakers. Definitely a loss for the audio community.  :cry:

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2015, 01:08 am »
I was very saddened to hear this too. As an owner of both Merlin VS-MXe's and TSM-MXe's, we had many pleasant conversations over the years and I learned a lot from him. He was a true gentleman who will be missed by many. RIP Bobby.

galyons

« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2015, 01:13 am »
Sad to hear. Met Bobby when I lived in Rochester NY.  Great guy. Wound up dragging a pair of his speakers back to California!

Geary

rpf

« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2015, 01:24 am »
Sad to hear, RIP.

I still very fondly remember a room at a NY show years ago that had his speakers with Joule Electra electronics. Really nice sound.

rocker9999

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2015, 01:50 am »
Bobby - 100% class act!      Rock'on Dude !

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2015, 02:43 am »
Sad to hear.  I exchanged emails with him a few years back.

KLH007

« Reply #7 on: 7 Sep 2015, 01:02 am »
Bobby visited our store Excalibur in the 80's, fun and intense, master of set up, a sad loss.