mRendu with JRiver - Hi Rez playback issue

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
mRendu with JRiver - Hi Rez playback issue
« on: 10 Sep 2016, 05:48 pm »
Received mRendu yesterday and, despite my computer illiteracy, have it up and running using JRiver - got the Gizmo remote app to work as well.  But whenever I play a file with a sample rate greater than 44  ( 88, 96, 192 ) my DAC shows it playing back at 48.  I checked the DAC status page on Sonicorcbiter.com and it correctly identifies it and shows it is Hi Rez capable.  JRiver is set to not change the Sample Rate and this works correctly when I go from PC to DAC.  Apparently there is something else I need to do.  BTW, clarity is noticeably improved compared to PC direct to DAC.  While not earthshaking, on 1 of my test tracks where artists are talking softly in the background it is now clearer than ever.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Re: mRendu with JRiver - Hi Rez playback issue
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2016, 09:06 pm »
Four hours later - now the Hi-Rez are all showing 44 on the DAC - but it still sounds good.  Don't get me wrong - I am not all bent out of shape - just curious.  I have almost no Hi Rez recordings.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2016, 07:20 pm »
OK - my last entry until someone can steer me in right direction - I promise.  I did some research on Computer Audiophile and now when I play a 192 file it plays at 176, 96 plays at 88.  Better than nothing but if possible I would like to know how to get these files to play exactly right.  Thanks again.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2016, 07:26 pm »
OK - my last entry until someone can steer me in right direction - I promise.  I did some research on Computer Audiophile and now when I play a 192 file it plays at 176, 96 plays at 88.  Better than nothing but if possible I would like to know how to get these files to play exactly right.  Thanks again.

Did you email Jesus?

He is usually very responsive and helpful.

George

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2016, 06:29 pm »
Will do.  Thanks. I figured everyone preferred communication by the forum so people with similar issues could see it.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2016, 06:42 pm »
Will do.  Thanks. I figured everyone preferred communication by the forum so people with similar issues could see it.

Post the results here once it's figured out.

George

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2016, 03:16 pm »
Some JRiver questions:

I had playback standing at the computer with FLAC in about 10 minutes, but DSD is stuttering. The audio devices do not have the Bricasti driver available anymore because the ur is in-between the flow of electrons. What audio device do you select to play all formats? DO you check or uncheck the box inside the ur web interface ap for dsd? Would I set the DSP output formatting to NONE in JRiver?

It's Saturday so I don't expect Jesus to respond any time soon to my email question and you guys already have these up and running.

Also, for iPad usage, how do I connect to the system with JRemote? Do I look for my music server, the ur IP address, or what? I don't know what the Zone thingy is used for on JRemote nor the Link function.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2016, 04:00 pm »
Sorry for the delay - this is in response to my posts of a month ago.  I had 2 PCs running J River on the network and I had different settings on each.  Once I got them to be identical the microRendu has been flawless.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2016, 04:56 pm »
BUmping this to try and get some responses.

Some JRiver questions:

I had playback standing at the computer with FLAC in about 10 minutes, but DSD is stuttering. The audio devices do not have the Bricasti driver available anymore because the ur is in-between the flow of electrons. What audio device do you select to play all formats? DO you check or uncheck the box inside the ur web interface ap for dsd? Would I set the DSP output formatting to NONE in JRiver?

It's Saturday so I don't expect Jesus to respond any time soon to my email question and you guys already have these up and running.

Also, for iPad usage, how do I connect to the system with JRemote? Do I look for my music server, the ur IP address, or what? I don't know what the Zone thingy is used for on JRemote nor the Link function.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #9 on: 22 Oct 2016, 06:22 pm »
FWIW I connect to JRiver using my Kindle and the Gizmo ap.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 22 Oct 2016, 06:26 pm »
 bump

Some JRiver questions:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #11 on: 22 Oct 2016, 07:32 pm »
I think I have it now. More trouble getting the iPad to catch up than anything. I had one toggle off in the DLNA screen of JRiver Jesus sent me a screen shot to fix.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 22 Oct 2016, 07:58 pm »
Spoke too soon. If I start tunes at the computer the iPad is confused on what is playing and does not catch up and if I try and change what is playing with the iPad the computer keeps trying to play what it was directly told to play with the computer mouse.

Anyone know how to have them synced so last command is master until the then next device says differently?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #13 on: 22 Oct 2016, 08:38 pm »
Do I want my player in JRiver to be player, rendu, or something else?

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2016, 09:54 pm »
rendu(mine shows some numbers here, too) should appear under Playing Now about 30 seconds after you fire up the PC.  Click on it, click on Audio and then whatever subdivision you use next - I almost always go to Artist (which is actually Album Artist)

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2016, 09:56 pm »
Also, using Gizmo for the remote ap, my system always plays the last selection chosen, whether it is chosen by mouse or by Kindle.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm »
I cannot get my iPad to connect. Not sure to connect to the computer server or what. No matter with or wo access key I cannot get it to link up. Confused.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #17 on: 22 Oct 2016, 11:41 pm »
Got it. Now not to screw it up :duh: :thumb: