Bryston Loudspeakers

jjc1

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #660 on: 11 Oct 2012, 11:18 pm »
Yes. The top speaker. Much cleaner and sleeker.

spinner

« Reply #661 on: 11 Oct 2012, 11:20 pm »
  Same for me.... :thumb:

PRELUDE

« Reply #662 on: 11 Oct 2012, 11:25 pm »
Hi Folks - I hate grills but need some input - of the 2 Model T shown any preferences?

I would say this one is nicer for this floorstanding speaker.
James,How about different colors on grills? And most of them would match with black.

mrhyfy

« Reply #663 on: 12 Oct 2012, 01:26 am »
I like the top sample of grill..more traditional.  The tappered one looks a little trendy

FireGuy

« Reply #664 on: 12 Oct 2012, 02:27 am »
I prefer the pyramid design.  It will expose real-wood veneer finishes much better. 

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #665 on: 12 Oct 2012, 06:04 am »
...the first shown design looks better :green:

al.

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
« Reply #666 on: 12 Oct 2012, 10:32 am »
I would like a pair in black with the top version of grill :)

PRELUDE

« Reply #667 on: 12 Oct 2012, 10:01 pm »
Hi James,
Are you showing the model T this year at RMAF or no?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #668 on: 12 Oct 2012, 10:25 pm »
Hi James,
Are you showing the model T this year at RMAF or no?

No sorry we are not doing RMAF this year - decided to do Toronto instead.

James

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #669 on: 14 Oct 2012, 11:47 am »
The first photo.

Marius

« Reply #670 on: 14 Oct 2012, 04:26 pm »
HI James,

Do you have any other colors in mind? I know that I am still disappointed with my own black ESL's though I was very sure at the time i ordered them from the folder..... Real black holes in my room, especially now they are accompanying my flatscreen tv.

I would think something in the line of the aluminum Bryston look would be very stylish and have the industrial Pro look, just like your alu line of electronics. Anything like that in the options?

other than that, I always feel that formfactor should not prevail/distract, so no pyramid for me...

Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #671 on: 14 Oct 2012, 04:30 pm »
HI James,

Do you have any other colors in mind? I know that I am still disappointed with my own black ESL's though I was very sure at the time i ordered them from the folder..... Real black holes in my room, especially now they are accompanying my flatscreen tv.

I would think something in the line of the aluminum Bryston look would be very stylish and have the industrial Pro look, just like your alu line of electronics. Anything like that in the options?

other than that, I always feel that formfactor should not prevail/distract, so no pyramid for me...

Marius

Hi Marius

We can do exotic colors but to get started I figured we would start with 3. Of the 43 pairs ordered 23 are Black, 6 are Natural Cherry and 14 are Boston Cherry. Any other color would be special order

James

Marius

« Reply #672 on: 14 Oct 2012, 05:59 pm »
Hi James,

I meant the grills..... sorry for not being clear about that. Cherry or black, with aluminum grills, a great combination?

Marius

Hi Marius

We can do exotic colors but to get started I figured we would start with 3. Of the 43 pairs ordered 23 are Black, 6 are Natural Cherry and 14 are Boston Cherry. Any other color would be special order

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #673 on: 14 Oct 2012, 06:20 pm »
Hi James,

I meant the grills..... sorry for not being clear about that. Cherry or black, with aluminum grills, a great combination?

Marius

Certainly worth thinking about :thumb:

James

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #674 on: 14 Oct 2012, 07:40 pm »
gloss black for me.

Vipers

« Reply #675 on: 15 Oct 2012, 10:48 am »
Hi Folks - I hate grills but need some input - of the 2 Model T shown any preferences?

Definitely this one James, looks far slicker and discrete.

TomS

« Reply #676 on: 15 Oct 2012, 12:48 pm »
James,

The one piece look is far sleeker. It would be nice to do as some others have done and put the same magnets or retaining posts in the rear of the speaker to hold the grills when removed from the front while listening. Maybe you've already thought of that but it's very convenient.

Sorry these didn't make it to RMAF  :(

Tom

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #677 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:20 pm »
James,

The one piece look is far sleeker. It would be nice to do as some others have done and put the same magnets or retaining posts in the rear of the speaker to hold the grills when removed from the front while listening. Maybe you've already thought of that but it's very convenient.

Sorry these didn't make it to RMAF  :(

Tom

Hi Tom,

The rear at the top of the speaker is ported so the grills have to stay in the packing boxes -- LOL

Yes sorry I could not make it as we decided to do the Toronto show this year - any highlights?

james

TomS

« Reply #678 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:41 pm »
James,

There were too many highlights to list as it was a great show  :thumb: I would love to go to the Toronto show one of these days as well.

I listened to a German 3-way speaker I'd never seen in the US, the Elac FS 249BE, and really enjoyed it. Apparently they're well known in Canada these days. At about $8k US, it would be a direct competitor to the T's so that would have certainly been interesting to compare. No active options, but very well executed with their own custom drivers. Based on the sound, I suspect it has similar design goals to your new speakers. By the way, they had a top rear port that was "pluggable" and the grills hung on the back right below that  :wink:

Tom

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #679 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:48 pm »
James,

There were too many highlights to list as it was a great show  :thumb: I would love to go to the Toronto show one of these days as well.

I listened to a German 3-way speaker I'd never seen in the US, the Elac FS 249BE, and really enjoyed it. Apparently they're well known in Canada these days. At about $8k US, it would be a direct competitor to the T's so that would have certainly been interesting to compare. No active options, but very well executed with their own custom drivers. Based on the sound, I suspect it has similar design goals to your new speakers. By the way, they had a top rear port that was "pluggable" and the grills hung on the back right below that  :wink:

Tom

Yes we are going to have 'pluggable' ports as well if the room will not support really low bass extension or customers prefer a sealed box.

james