Keelins in Cherry

Shamrock Audio

Keelins in Cherry
« on: 6 Apr 2004, 05:55 am »
This set of Keelin speakers is going to lonewolfny42 this week.

The finish is much deeper and richer than the picture indicates.

Just thought you might like to see them in cherry. :)

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2004, 11:46 am »
Sweet! Wolfy, let us know how you like them. Mine continue to sound better and better!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2004, 03:43 am »
WoW ! Nice job Mike ! Thanks for the photo - now where's the green shamrock ? Must be on the back. :lol: ....just kidding , but speaking of the back, I had Mike install different  binding posts for me (additional cost). I'm using Vampire BPHEX/CE posts....similar to whats on the VR-1's. I like the feel and grip of them....Thanks Mike, looking forward to their arrival !! :hyper:

lonewolfny42

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2004, 11:56 am »
Mike, Speakers have just now arrived - Fed Ex - nice wood crate !! Now to find my screwdriver....... :dance: ....glad it's a rainy day !! Thanks !!! :)

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2004, 12:26 pm »
Can't wait to hear how you like them. I'm enjoying mine more and more. Good speakers do two things right. Presence and tone. The Keelin's get both right. Oh, and the bass is getting better and better on these things. I'm suprised by how deep and tight the bass is on the Keelins. I've sold my Vienna Acoustics and am now using the Keelin's in the basement system. I'm really looking forward to getting the Eilish's for the bedroom!

lonewolfny42

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2004, 12:49 pm »
Well.....20 screws later, the Keelins are out of their crate. Very well packed, nice job Mike ! Don't laugh  :nono: , plenty of times packing is the most important part of getting equipement to someone. The finish is much better looking than the picture ! :) I have a question, since the tweeter is off set, not in line with woofer's....is there a right and left speaker(for set-up), or does it not matter ? Let me know Mike....I'll set them up both ways. Thanks !!

Shamrock Audio

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2004, 03:16 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Well.....20 screws later, the Keelins are out of their crate. Very well packed, nice job Mike ! Don't laugh  :nono: , plenty of times packing is the most important part of getting equipement to someone. The finish is much better looking than the picture ! :) I have a question, since the tweeter is off set, not in line with woofer's....is there a right and left speaker(for set-up), or does it not matter ? Let me know Mike....I'll set them up both ways. Thanks !!

I once thought about making crates that could double as furniture, but decided that might be over-the-top.  :?

While it's a decent picture, they really do look better in person. :)

Yes, there is a definate left and right speaker. The tweeters should go toward the inside in most applications.  Keep me posted on how things go. :mrgreen:

rosconey

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2004, 03:35 pm »
i have offset tweeters-
try bolth ways-
youd be surprised

Carlman

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2004, 03:56 pm »
Quote from: rosconey
i have offset tweeters-
try both ways-
youd be surprised

If they haven't tried it before, I think most people would be 'surprised' to try it both ways. :o  

:lol:

rosconey

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #9 on: 13 Apr 2004, 04:07 pm »
i have bolth mid dome and tweeter offset-
when i first hooked up i had them inside , i wasnt all that happy-flipped them and BAM what a difference :mrgreen:

lonewolfny42

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2004, 04:09 pm »
Quote from: Shamrock Audio

Yes, there is a definate left and right speaker. The tweeters should go toward the inside in most applications.  Keep me posted on how things go. :mrgreen:
Hello Mike, Out of the crate I set them up with the tweeters outside...sounded good. I have switched them, with the tweeters inside...better focus now.  
    These speakers are
something else....wide soundstage and deep !! Very good bass for a pair of 5" woofers !! Very good detail...thats what I like !! So far, after a little over 2 hours......very pleased !!! :dance: [/list:u]
    I would Highly Recommend others take a look at the Keelin's....for this price, their a steal !! :) [/list:u]

lonewolfny42

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2004, 03:55 am »
It's been about 10 days now since I've received the Keelin speakers, and they continue to impress me. This purchase was a "shot in the dark" because I really knew little about Shamrock Audio. But I did like the look of the speaker, and the spec's looked good. Not that I needed another pair of speakers, I've got three other pairs here already, but I guess at the intro price...couldn't pass up a nice deal! To see that they keep improving as time goes by, is just another plus!
    Mike, I will be taking the Keelin's to Saturday's NY Rave meeting so other members get a chance to hear them. I hope that some members will give you some feedback on how they sound. Alway's good to have a few extra ears , most better than mine. :lol: [/list:u]

Smeggy

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2004, 05:17 am »
If they sound as good as they look I'm sure you're extremely happy. Very nice indeed.  :D

lonewolfny42

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2004, 05:31 am »
Quote from: Smeggy
If they sound as good as they look I'm sure you're extremely happy. Very nice indeed.  :D
:dance:  :dance:  :bounce:  :dance:  :dance:.....your right !! :D

Carlman

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2004, 02:15 pm »
Lonewolf,
Since you can directly compare the Keelins to the Europa's, what are the biggest differences in their sound?  I'm sure they're both good in their own ways... I was wondering how so... ?

If you don't want to explain it... I may have to. ;)  But, I too prefer to hear what others hear compared to my own.  I'd like to get better at reviewing.

Thanks for keeping us posted on what is clearly another good find in the hifi world.

-Carl

lonewolfny42

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #15 on: 24 Apr 2004, 02:26 pm »
Carl,
    I have not done any comparing of speakers yet. Still enjoying the Keelin's as they break in. One thing I can say...the bass on the Keelin's is
much better than the Europa's. But future testing, and some more ears, will be required for further comments ![/list:u]
    Have a great time today at the NC audio gathering.....and don't forget the photo's. :lol: [/list:u]

Carlman

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #16 on: 24 Apr 2004, 02:52 pm »
Thanks!  I'm getting ready to get moving very soon.  Scott Nixon's are ready to go... cd's... camera.... action!

lonewolfny42

Keelins in Cherry
« Reply #17 on: 26 Apr 2004, 06:36 am »
A few more pictures of the Keelin speakers can be found in this thread... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=9971.msg84433#84433 ..NY Audio Rave meeting at Levi's...4/24/04. :)