Texas Audio Activities

FredT300B

• Facilitator
Texas Audio Activities
« on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:50 pm »
I seldom post here because this is the North Texas Audio Jam and I'm in South Texas, but there's quite a bit of audio activity in the large metropolitan areas to the South that are going unreported on AC. A couple of examples: the Houston Audio Society's next regularly scheduled meeting, in January, will feature an audition of the VPI Classic turntable with a Sutherland phono preamp, the Plinius Traturo preamp and SA-103 class A power amp driving Selah Audio line arrays. A San Antonio audiophile is interested in starting a high end audio club in that city and was visiting Houston Audio Society members yesterday to get some tips about starting a club, etc.

I would propose a South Texas Audio Circle, but Dallas / Fort Worth is so close (in Texas miles) that it seems redundant to have two Texas circles. So my question is: Are NTAJ readers interested in activities in San Antonio, Austin and Houston?  :scratch:

Delacroix

Re: Texas Audio Activities
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2010, 05:10 am »
Hi Fred

I am in Austin and definitely interested in San Antonio events. I am on the Houston Audio Society list but am generally unable  to make their gatherings, though they seem the most active of the Texas groups. We had some action in Austin a year or so back but it's been quiet since. An Austin-San Antonio group might be a worthwhile combo --- Dallas and Houston are just far enough away to make their events a trek for me and, I am sure, others. The point really is that Texas, being so much larger than most other states, is in need of more than one regional club.

Best

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 8 Dec 2010, 05:34 am »
Fred- I can't seem to remember our friend's name in San Antonio in my current state of affairs, but perhaps you can.  Please tell our inquistive fellow.  We know he is agreeable.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2010, 07:12 am »
talk to Art, how about changing the name to "The Lone Star Sate Audio Jam"