Akai GX-747 and Teac A-6010 R2R decks -- both for $250!

jrebman

Folks,

I really just need to get rid of these -- they're taking up space and I know I don't have the time or skill to make full use of them and no room to put them in either system as well.

Both decks are in working condition but need some TLC -- mostly a cleaning, lube, and maybe an alignment for the Akai, but also needs new tension arm belts (a common issue with these and parts ar3e easily available).  The Teac needs the same, plus one light on one VU meter replaced, and probably a new belt.  This deck also has direct head outs so you could build an external headamp to really kick the performance up several notches.

Both decks are in fair to good cosmetic condition (especially considering their ages) and could easily be brought up to perfect condition by somebody with the right skills.  They are also both suitable for a full professional rebuild (and I can supply a list of people who can do this).

Also included will be a box of 10" tapes (not sure of brand), the original 10" metal Akai take-up reel, a splicing deck, and various assorted cleaning and lubrication products, as well as users and technical manuals for both decks.

All hthis for $250 -- only catch is that you have to come pick them up and move them from my basement to your car.

Just for reference, a fully restored teac a-6010 is typically worth $450 - $750 and the Akai, typically $900 - $1200

Shoot me an email or PM if interested.

Thanks,

Jim
« Last Edit: 9 May 2012, 06:35 pm by jrebman »

jrebman

Re: Akai GX-747 and Teac A-6010 R2R decks -- both for $250!
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2012, 06:37 pm »
Giving this another try and drastically lowering the price -- basically a fraction of what they cost me originally, as I just need to get them out of here.

Thanks,

Jim

woolltech

Re: Akai GX-747 and Teac A-6010 R2R decks -- both for $250!
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2012, 05:15 pm »
Jim:

is there anyway you could ship them to me in South Carolinia?

I will be more than happy to take them off your hands.

Contact me via my work email.. wilbur.woollard@us.army.mil