What cables are you using with your MB-100s.

LordCloud

« on: 13 Jan 2003, 08:29 pm »
I just got a pair over the weekend(absolutely beautiful creatures), I am using Mapleshade speaker cables but have yet to settle on ICs.  Silver or copper, what are you all using?  Buy the way, Curt is an absolute pleasure to work with.  He repeatedly says "whatever makes you happy".   :D

BOK

« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2003, 10:06 pm »
I use Wayne's M-80 IC's to my four MB-100's.  AP 9's and 12's  bi-wire  to my speakers.

And, yes, Curt is a super guy.  He "fixed" up one of my MB-100's (UPS strikes again !) which I had bought used.  It was the "pros at UPS " which made some loose transformer bolts even moreso.  And he personally called me to inquire if the damage was pre-UPS or not ---  really went out of his way to make sure his product left Charlotte per spec.

That level of service truly impressed me.  

BOK

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2003, 03:54 pm »
I am using nOrh silver interconnects - I believe it is three heavy guage wires of 4-nines silver twisted together. They are very stiff and 1 meter with screw-tighted RCA plugs

LordCloud

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2003, 05:49 pm »
JQP, are those interconnects still available? How do you like them?  I'm leaning towards Mapleshade but I'm open for suggestions. :?:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2003, 06:01 am »
I am not sure about availability. Check with mbarnes on that.

I like the fact that they are HEAVY guage pure silver. Seems to me to be about the best approach theoretically. I have a pair coming from the CD-1 to the ACA, and a pair going out to the MB-100s/LeAmps. I haven't done interconnect comparisons but they make me feel warm and fuzzy. Definitely don't hurt the sound  :D