$2300 power cable

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
$2300 power cable
« on: 10 Apr 2008, 06:21 pm »
 :drool:would anyone in the dfw area like to listen to $2300 power cord to hear for yourself if there is a difference?
http://www.6sonsaudio.ca/6SONS_Cables_Details.html
shoot me a pm or email. saturday session.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2008, 09:40 pm by marvda1 »

marvda1

Re: $2300 power cable
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2008, 09:41 pm »
offer still stands since i bought one, pm or email me any time.
marvin

some young guy

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2008, 10:26 pm »
If I were in the area, I'd come listen.  :thumb:  I'm guessing you're happy with your purchase... saving up for another?

What I'd really like to compare, would be the difference between the Acrolink and the Oyaide 004 (or M1 for that matter) connectors.

cryoparts

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2008, 11:08 pm »
What I'd really like to compare, would be the difference between the Acrolink and the Oyaide 004 (or M1 for that matter) connectors.

The Acrolink ends use bronze as the base metal, while the 004 and M1/F1 use Beryllium, so they sound a bit different just based on that difference alone.  The heavy barrel and carbon fiber also lend themselves to the sonic signature of the Acrolink's.  I won't comment on the differences I hear between the ends,  but they are state of the art, IMHO.

The carbon fiber and machined aluminum that the Acrolink use as the barrel are really quite a work of industrial art.

Disclaimer--I was one of the first two dealers of Oyaide and Acrolink in the US.

Peace,

Lee

Midnite Mick

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2008, 11:15 pm »
I have compared those 2 connectors and the differences are fairly substantial.  The Acrolink is an amazing plug (as well it should be given its cost).  It produces a black and I mean black background.    It has a very pure sound to it.  That carbon fiber barrel has a very strong absorption capacity I believe.  Itr is like you do not know how noisy your system is until you try that end.

Just my simple thoughts.

Regards,
Mike

PS. Marvda, you avatar copier.....mines better though :thumb:

marvda1

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2008, 03:15 am »
sorry, since i'm getting the high gloss black (couldn't find a pic.) i had to take this one, guess i'll have to take my own pics. :D
i'll be getting in a couple of the thunderbirds with 004 connectors, wish i could swing all windigos :cry:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2008, 05:17 am »
Good luck Marvin with your Opera-Consonance Cyber-800's....let us know how it works out....thanks. :thumb:

Chris

Midnite Mick

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2008, 03:47 am »
sorry, since i'm getting the high gloss black (couldn't find a pic.) i had to take this one, guess i'll have to take my own pics. :D
i'll be getting in a couple of the thunderbirds with 004 connectors, wish i could swing all windigos :cry:

Marvin, I think you will still be quite impressed with the Thunderbirds with the 004 connectors.  No, they are not quite the Windigo but they are still very good.  I had a pair of Black Sand Silver ref MKIV or v ( can't remember but I sold them to Lonewolf I believe) and the Thunderbirds were far better on the Cyber 800's in my system.  The soundstage just exploded as well as an increase in dynamics.....probably related to each other.

Good luck,
Mike

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2008, 04:14 am »
Were are the prices on there? You would think there could be some pics and prices on the products if they truely ask 2300 for a PC.

Midnite Mick

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2008, 05:01 am »
Were are the prices on there? You would think there could be some pics and prices on the products if they truely ask 2300 for a PC.

Your best bet is to just to contact the manufacturer.  I live in the same city as the manufacturer/dealer and have had many dealings with him.  He is a great guy to deal with and goes beyond what a lot of dealers would do in order to treat his customers in a first class manner.  I know that he offers a 30 day demo period at no risk to the consumer to try his cables. 

The last time I talked to him I think he mentioned he would like to get some sort of group buy offering going.  However, you are better off contacting him for any information in case I am wrong about something.  He is a very straight forward guy.

Good luck,
Mike

marvda1

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2008, 01:25 pm »
THE WAIT...... How can people put up with 6 months to a year waiting periods?  This three weeks wait is killing me, I'm sitting here listening to my system rearranging equipment in my mind slowly going crazy :icon_lol:
Oh well back to reading the review for the umpteen time :drool:
Marvin
ps. looks like the thunderbirds will arrive about the same time as the 800's.  gary is also sending a pair of the windigo interconnects for me to listen to(sorry, the bank is broke :cry:)