Humble and Lonewolf....who needs RMAF???

arthurs

Humble and Lonewolf....who needs RMAF???
« on: 13 Oct 2007, 02:01 pm »
I just wanted to post a quick note about the time I had the pleasure of spending with Jeff (Captain Humble) and Chris (Lonewolf) this past week.  I couldn't make it out to RMAF, but Chris came through DFW on his way and met up with Jeff, they travelled out to the show together, and they were kind enough to meet up and give me my own little Fest for a couple of nights.

Wednesday evening they came by my place, and came bearing gifts!  Chris was kind enough to burn me a collection of some of his favorites, including the NY Audio Rave Reference Disc II.  Jeff brought music and two of the largest and most delicious pieces of Bread Pudding I've ever encountered, and I am a bit of an aficionado when it comes to Bread Pudding.  We spent a cool evening spinning tunes up in my room and having a couple of beers on the patio....

Thursday I had the chance to go by Jeff's place, both his home and his restaurant.  Jeff has a beautiful home and a really nice system (yes Jeff, REALLY nice! :D) His Usher speakers and Dodd and Usher gear sounds really smooth and his home makes a great setting for a listening session with friends.  We didn't get a chance to sample the theater out, but I bet it rocks as well Jeff!  Then he took us by his restaurant, Dodie's Seafood Cafe II, where we were served copious amounts of his excellent New Orleans seafood, and down home hospitality.  I promised Jeff a short review of the restaurant so here goes...EAT THERE!  Whenever your travels might bring you through Dallas...EAT THERE!  The food and staff were all just excellent, and the Cream of Crab...well, let's just say Jeff made me some Linguine with Cream of Crab poured over that I'm still trying to recover from it was so good.

Anyhow, this is just a short note to recognize and say thanks to two of the really good guys on this site (really quality people period) and say thanks for an excellent pre Rocky Mountain Fest...I can't make the big show, but it was sure a treat to hang out and share some music and good times with a couple of the most genuine, funny, and generous people that I've had the pleasure to come across. 

Thanks again guys, hope your show is terrific and I'll have some discs for you when you get back. LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!

P.S.  Yes, I have my picture of Lonewolf leaning in my room...I'll post it in a bit!
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2007, 02:20 pm by arthurs »

S Clark

Re: Humble and Lonewolf....who needs RMAF???
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2007, 02:34 pm »
I enjoy following the goings on of the N TX audiophiles.  Being from Abilene, you guys are my closest link to high fidelity. Hopefully, I can get to one of your meetings and meet the group.  Keep posting, you've got at least one reader :icon_lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:06 am »
Chris is driving from Long Island to Denver, via Texas?  :o That lucky SOB.  :lol: Musta retired. Sucks to be planted in Vermont but it's pretty cool to hear about folks that I know. Ya got another reader here.  :thumb:

Robin

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2007, 02:02 am »
Chris flew and connected through Dallas...no retirement for the Lonewolf, his business sounds as busy as ever...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2007, 05:05 am »
Chris is driving from Long Island to Denver, via Texas?  :o That lucky SOB.  :lol: Musta retired. Sucks to be planted in Vermont but it's pretty cool to hear about folks that I know. Ya got another reader here.  :thumb:

Robin

Chris is sitting next to me in the airport, so unless he is "driving" his JetBlue flight home, he will get a chance to relax for a bit before going back to his normal 20+ hr days.

George

arthurs

« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2007, 05:50 pm »
Overlooked your post there Scott, if you're ever down Ft. Worth way drop me a line and come on by for a listen and a visit!

Art

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2007, 05:54 pm »
Scott,
Take him up on his offer, you won't be disappointed! :thumb:

John

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2007, 08:23 pm »
Thank you Art !!!! :beer:  :hyper: :rock:

I flew into Dallas on Wed.....and man....my arms were tired.... :jester:

After a quick lunch at Dodies, Captain Humbles/Jeff's place, we were off to Art's in Fort Worth.

What a nice home, and beautiful audio room....and an excellent sounding system that Art has put together....I loved it. :D

First time meeting Art and his wife.....such nice people....I felt right at home. 8)

How did it sound....like honey....smooth with excellent detail and bass. I played a stack of tracks....each sounding better than the next. Those LS6's are some speakers...Art will be in heaven when he receives his LS9's.... aa

Thanks again Art....I look forward to another future visit....and if any of you guys happen to be in his area...ring up Art for a listen....great guy - great system.....it will put a smile on your face....trust me... :hyper: :hyper: :rock: :rock: :dance:

Thanks also go out to Captain Humble/Jeff....another great guy !!!!! :beer:
He's been my friend for a few years now.... 8)

As Art mentioned, Jeff's Dodies Seafood Cafe is a heck of a place in Carrollton, Texas....great Cajun food....nice staff....excellent host.

I visited with Jeff for two days (then we flew to RMAF on Friday)...wined and dined like no tomorrow....and he's the owner of another fine system as well (Usher - Dodd).
I really hated to leave..... :(

Two very enjoyable days in Texas....it was absolutely fabulous !!!!!
Thank you Jeff !!!!!!!!  :thankyou: :beer: :hyper: :dance:

Chris

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2007, 09:26 pm »
Chris,
Next time you're "in town" please pop on down to Austin. You're more than welcome to come and lean on my speakers! :lol:

Regards,
John

lonewolfny42

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2007, 09:28 pm »
Chris,
Next time you're "in town" please pop on down to Austin. You're more than welcome to come and lean on my speakers! :lol:

Regards,
John
Thank you John for your kind offer..... :thumb:

Chris

kyyuan

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2007, 09:58 pm »
Chris,

I, too, enjoyed meeting you.  And, thanks much for those reference CDs.  I just wished I could have gotten off work earlier to join you guys at Jeff's place.

Ken

lonewolfny42

« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2007, 10:07 pm »
Chris,

I, too, enjoyed meeting you.  And, thanks much for those reference CDs.  I just wished I could have gotten off work earlier to join you guys at Jeff's place.

Ken
Your welcome Ken...good meeting you as well. :beer:
Sorry I didn't mention that in my post.....haven't had much sleep - a long few days and nights......time just flew by.....but it was all good..... :thumb:

Chris

arthurs

« Reply #12 on: 15 Oct 2007, 10:30 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot I saw you as well Ken..... :lol:

Ken is an alright guy too, we hang out from time to time, listen to Heart and cause electrical disturbances....

lonewolfny42

« Reply #13 on: 15 Oct 2007, 10:33 pm »
I should also mention....thanks Ken for getting Jeff and myself heading in the correct direction back to Dallas......

Those highways can be a little confusing.....and its REAL dark at night...I saw the stars.... 8) :lol:

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #14 on: 15 Oct 2007, 10:53 pm »
Brian, you see it wasn't me who mentioned Heart...Heart...Heart...Heart...Heart.. .Heart!!
ART!!! :duel:

brj

« Reply #15 on: 15 Oct 2007, 11:15 pm »
*sigh*

All that Texas heat.... cooking people's brains.... now you know why I had to move someplace cooler! :)  (Although I suspect that the RMAF weather was a bit cooler and wetter than many probably wanted.)

And remember... keep all of your audio gear on the same leg of your circuit breaker! :lol:  Of course, I still think the buzzing is just from Ken's magnetic personality... after all, it follows him everywhere!

arthurs

« Reply #16 on: 15 Oct 2007, 11:22 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Chris, it was a treat...but for the record...and you NTAJ guys chime in/ pile on here....my wife Kathy is definitely 99% of whatever equation it is that makes us nice people... 8)

lonewolfny42

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2007, 11:31 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Chris, it was a treat...but for the record...and you NTAJ guys chime in here....my wife is definitely 99% of whatever equation it is that makes us nice people... 8)
Thanks Art.....and to Kathryn as well.... :thumb:

Sorry we didn't play any Heart....I know Jeff likes them as well....as do I. :rock:

But we did play the Miami Vice Theme.... aa

arthurs

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2007, 11:41 pm »
 :lol:  We did hit a run of 80's songs that was pretty entertaining there towards the end...that Ben Vaughn disc you let me burn is seriously addicting...I find it hard to start my day without the "Too Happy" track... :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2007, 11:44 pm »
:lol:  We did hit a run of 80's songs that was pretty entertaining there towards the end...that Ben Vaughn disc you let me burn is seriously addicting...I find it hard to start my day without the "Too Happy" track... :thumb:
I played that a lot at RMAF...lots of good tracks on that Cd... 8)

Amazon link.....here.....