WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
« on: 11 Aug 2007, 05:45 pm »
Let's get some movement in the DFW area. I'd love to drop by to listen to your system and some good music, hell I'll even bring a twelve pack.
You are invited to come by to listen to my system (but don't laugh at it :)), DON'T FORGET THE BEER :lol:
SO MAN THE PM'S AND LET'S GET THIS THING IN MOTION,  I'M BORED SILLY.

Marvin

ps. Brian you can always catch a flight :lol: I know you miss those 100 degree days :cry:

brj

Re: WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2007, 05:53 pm »
:lol:

Actually, prices between DFW and Denver aren't too horrible.  I get one flight back as part of my relocation package once I move into a house (I'm working on one now), but I'll have to time it for after Art gets his LS-9s! :D

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2007, 05:50 am »
The Dallas Audio Club and the Lonestar Bottleheads ought to be having meets soon.

I plan on hosting one AFTER I get back from San Diego, and IF I survive Polkfest this year.

Cheers,
Russ

gary

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2007, 05:20 pm »
I just moved from upstate NY to Dallas, and I'd definitely be interested in attending if any locals get together. I'm in an apartment and my system is still in boxes so I can't really host anything but I can definitely bring some beer to someone else's :)

Gary

arthurs

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2007, 02:52 am »
Gary - glad you could make it by today, great meeting you and welcome to Texas!

(He's a man of his word....brought beer! :thumb:)

kyyuan

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2007, 02:08 pm »
The mini-mini-gathering was cool.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2007, 03:21 pm »
It'll do for now.....I WANT MORE!!! :lol:  Had a great time.

brj

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2007, 03:36 pm »
Quote from: arthurs

:thumb:  Glad to see the Fort Worth sub-chapter of the NTAJ is still kicking!  Hope you enjoy DFW, Gary!

I'm going to have to time a return visit to coincide with the final break-in of Art's oh-so-patiently anticipated super-custom LS-9s... and perhaps kyyuan's system will have been updated by then too...   Certainly marvda1 will at least have some new cables! :lol:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2007, 03:39 pm »
I just moved from upstate NY to Dallas, and I'd definitely be interested in attending if any locals get together. I'm in an apartment and my system is still in boxes so I can't really host anything but I can definitely bring some beer to someone else's :)

Gary

Rochester to Dallas...man that is quite a switch in locations!!

Best of luck and get that system up and running ASAP. 

George

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2007, 03:43 pm »
I'll try to have you guys up on a Saturday as soon as I get back from vacation. I know a handful of you are wanting to come hear the LS-9's on the big blue amps.

I'll put a date together shortly. I may do a couple of Saturdays and small groups each time. Let me know who all is interested in the trip up.

gary

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2007, 02:35 am »
Gary - glad you could make it by today, great meeting you and welcome to Texas!

Thanks for inviting me over Art, it was fun getting to meet some of the locals and it gave me an excuse to drive around the area a bit. I'm a big fan of your listening room... the acoustics were fantastic and I'm guessing you had to upgrade the a/c unit to keep it cool with all the heat those tube amps throw off when it's 100+ degrees out :)

Rochester to Dallas...man that is quite a switch in locations!!

Best of luck and get that system up and running ASAP. 

George

I'm sure I'll be second-guessing the move tomorrow, as it's supposed to be 106 here... just gotta keep telling myself "this doesn't suck nearly as much as a typical February day in rochester" :). One good thing about the heat though, it'll probably keep me indoors this weekend and I'll have a chance to unpack and get the stereo put back together.

Gary