Any updates on the MB-250?

ZooDog

« on: 8 Jan 2003, 02:36 pm »
Just curious if you had any new info on this amp, Curt.

Curt

Re: Any updates on the MB-250?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2003, 08:05 pm »
Hi ZooDog,

The MB-250 is an IRD favorite pet project that we will get to later this year. I need to get the E1 Series components and the integrated finished and out the door first.

The current MB-100s will handle any 2-way and going active most 3-ways (3 amps per channel) which is the way many people will go but, for the serious 3-way passive XO’d (with large woofer(s)) floor stander the MB-100 will need to pass and give the job over to the MB-250.

The MB-250 will be matching up with some of the best of the larger loudspeakers available and we really need to spend some time getting it to sonically disappear and just pour music into the speakers.

We hope this amp will compete with the best of the best at our normal low factory direct pricing.

Thank you for your interest.

KKM

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2003, 03:20 pm »
Oh nooo, my wife is not going to like this.

vpolineni

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2003, 05:56 am »
curt.. can you give any approximate time frame when these will be available to order? (i gotta know when to start saving up the money) also. a time frame for the llc-s would be much appreciated as well. thanks.

Curt

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2003, 02:46 pm »
Quote from: vpolineni
curt.. can you give any approximate time frame when these will be available to order? (i gotta know when to start saving up the money) also. a time frame for the llc-s would be much appreciated as well. thanks.

I have been preparing an update for our website with lots of information and details. Probably just a couple more days before I can upload it.

We started writting the firmware (processor code) for the Sabai LLC-S last week and that will help get the Sabai ready pretty fast.

I really would like the website to be the place for these answers to be found and I will try to keep it up to date from now on. Things got pretty busy just before the holidays and are just now getting under control.

Btm line MB-250 won't be out till the latter part of this year and Sabai should be out in about two months. The LLC-P is out now.

Please check our website in a couple days, I will upload it as soon as enough info is finished to make it worth reading even I'm still adding content daily.