Sabai?

Brad

Sabai?
« on: 8 Jan 2003, 01:02 am »
Hi Curt,

I know you just got back from vacation, but I was hoping for an update on the Sabai (lazy American  :) )

How well do you think it might mate with a SET amp?

Curt

Re: Sabai?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2003, 07:43 pm »
Hi Brad,

Let me first say: the perfectionist that I am (with IRD audio designs and build quality) and the recent holidays have not helped get the Sabai out any sooner.

I am currently quite busy with current production of the first four E1 Series components : Purist, Audiophile, PT-2 and PT-3. We are pushing hard.

There is something really special going on here, the LLC-P Purist has been blowing a lot of minds. Several people including myself say they have never heard a better preamp. The noise floor has been measured at <-135 dB. The music comes out so effortlessly and so clean, as if there is no LLC.

The E1 Series family shares many of the same components and we will be seeing similar performance from all models. We spent almost a year developing these fine audio components and are very happy with the results so far.

That said, the Sabai will follow these first four units, that is the plan. The Sabai is fully designed except for the processor board and the firmware, this will take about a month to finish when we get to it. I can not give a good estimate right now but, will try to update the IRD website before Feb 1st.

Will it *work* well with a SET, Yes it will. The output stage of the Sabai and the other E1 Series LLCs will effortlessly drive just about any single ended amp out there, even with long ICs.

Brad

Sabai?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2003, 08:17 pm »
Thanks for the update Curt,

I'll wait for the reviews of the LL-P to trickle/pour in.   Sounds like you've got a real winner on your hands :D
Too bad I'm not a purist   :wink: