Welcome to NEAR!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Welcome to NEAR!
« on: 18 Aug 2006, 12:25 am »
Welcome to the New England Audio Revolution (NEAR).

We can be found all across the New England area in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusets, Connecticut, and even parts of northern New York.

While our primary focus is audio, feel free to post any topic and enjoy your stay.

Scott F.

Re: Welcome to NEAR!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2006, 12:34 am »
Hiya George and all of the NEARer's,

Congratulations on your new found home from all the GASsers down St Louis way  :thumb:

john1970

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2006, 12:42 am »
Great to see the page finally open.  Once I get some pictures of my system I will post them.

Cheers,

John

mcrespo71

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2006, 01:36 am »
Hey,

Now that I live in CT, I can be in the NY Audio RAVE and NEAR!  Sweeeeeeeeet. :thumb: 8)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2006, 01:37 am »
Hey,

Now that I live in CT, I can be in the NY Audio RAVE and NEAR!  Sweeeeeeeeet. :thumb: 8)

Hell, I am staying in both!

See you on Saturday at Phil's.

George

MarkM

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2006, 02:12 am »
Thanks for getting this up and running George. :thumb:   

creilly333

« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2006, 02:44 am »
Are you guys accepting new members ?  I am in Manchester NH.  Don't know of any others in the state, but I would be willing to travel around NE.  Some of the kit on here seems a bit esoteric compared to my old flat earth system which is Linn LP12 Lingo/Naim ARO/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B/Linn Linto Phono Preamp/Naim 102/Hi-Cap/250-2/Quad ESL 57's.

Currently though, I am using my stock Squeezebox 2 with Bolder modified Elpac power supply into Benchmark DAC-1 into my Naim NAP 250-2 power amp and the Quads.  The 57's were rebuilt a couple years ago by Wayne Piquet in Florida.  Regardless of the system we are all interested in music and I guess that is all that matters.

Colin

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2006, 02:51 am »
Colin,

Welcome!!   :wave:

We are brand new and absolutely accepting members.

We will be putting together some gatherings over the next few weeks and can hopefully have a monthly meeting like some of the other regional circles do.

George

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2006, 03:02 am »
Nice to see a new "Audio Revolution" taking place in the North.... :beer:
Good luck with the circle and have fun at the gatherings....excellent way to hear new music and equipment. Enjoy !!!!! :thumb:
Chris

nelamvr6

« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2006, 04:08 pm »
Hi guys! Southeastern CT checking in. I'm glad to find you guys! :D

jbgcpa

« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2006, 06:39 pm »
A Circle in NE is great news and long over-due!

Jack

rayd

« Reply #11 on: 26 Aug 2006, 03:53 pm »
Nice to be here... I'm in the North Central Mass area w/flea-powered tube gear  8)

- Ray

kenscott30

« Reply #12 on: 6 Sep 2006, 05:03 pm »
Live in Waltham Ma.  I have a DIY amp and phono pre amp, single driver speakers...Have to tune my room.  Cant wait for a meeting.

Ken

dado5

« Reply #13 on: 9 Oct 2006, 01:18 am »
Brookline NH is here!

Just stumbled across this section of the circle. Cool!

I have a big family (dado7 now actually) and work pretty flaky hours for a  gubmint contractor (who used to make lots of tubes) so my physical availability is limited, but that's what a cyber-hood is for right? Maybe I'll spot some of ya at Art's Attic or the MIT swap.

Rob

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 9 Oct 2006, 05:23 pm »
Goffstown in the house fellas'!

My amplifier just got finished last weekend, it was supposed to be 6-channels of amplification with two being of more power for two dual 8" subwoofer cabinets.  That idea did not work out so well so I now have a 12-channel amplifier ready for action.  This coupled with a DIY volume control with my Behringer SRC, DEQ, and DCX combination should work well.

I have a variety of 2-ways to work with the dual 8" subwoofer cabinets and I have a couple of B&C 12" subwoofers waiting for cabinets to call home.  Lastly, I have a modified version of the 1801b 2-way speaker with the Seas W18EX and a horn-loaded Hiquphon OW4.  The passive crossover was designed by none other than, Dennis Murphy.

This is going to be so much fun!!

stereocilia

« Reply #15 on: 9 Feb 2007, 01:59 am »
For my first post, I'll just check in from Needham, MA.  The only other audiophile I could hang with now lives in California, so my wife now gets to hear all my unsolicited audio talk.

sts9fan

« Reply #16 on: 14 Feb 2007, 10:23 pm »
I am in Newton Upper Falls

stereocilia

« Reply #17 on: 18 Feb 2007, 12:48 am »

NEAR seems a little slow.  Almost like showing up at a party after the cops.

sts9fan

« Reply #18 on: 18 Feb 2007, 05:11 pm »
slow? I have no idea what you are talking about?  Anyway I have been getting into the DIY thing more and more.  Anyone "near" here building anything interesting?  I am working on a pair of Zv9 monoblocks. 

stereocilia

« Reply #19 on: 19 Feb 2007, 01:39 am »

Slow.  You know...were there any new threads or replies in January?  Anyway, my only leap into DIY was with the Bottlehead Foreplay.  It sounded fine as long as you could ignore the HUMMMMMM.  I couldn't, but it even though I'm not using that preamp I still think it was a valuable lesson.  I'm not inspired to DIY anything right now, but that probably won't stop me from buying a new butane-powered soldering iron or somenthing at the you-do-it electronics President's Day sale tomorrow.