Alternate to Bluenote Node 2

drapels

Alternate to Bluenote Node 2
« on: 12 Dec 2017, 09:19 pm »
Does anyone know of an alternative to the Bluenote Node 2? There must be a similar product somewhere. Thanks.

RandyH

Re: Alternate to Bluenote Node 2
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2017, 01:45 am »
In the same price range I can only think of the Auralic Mini.  There are many at 3 to 4 times the price. 

stonedeaf

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2017, 05:34 am »
What do you want the Node 2 to do that it doesn't or what does it do that just doesn't float yer boat ? Just started in using mine after loaning it to a couple of friends for awhile before installing it here. SQ for a 500 buck outlay seems quit good  -but would be interested in alternatives. I have been put off by previous "boxes" of this sort because I'm a registered member of point and click 'till ya kill it coven - the Bluesound has been at least reasonable to navigate with.

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2017, 06:46 am »
Find a used AURALiC Aries Mini.  The sound quality and feature set far surpasses the Node 2.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2017, 04:46 pm »
Find a used AURALiC Aries Mini.  The sound quality and feature set far surpasses the Node 2.

I haven’t compared the Node 2 to the Aries Mini, but I heard from multiple sources that have tried both that the Mini was clearly superior as far as sound quality goes, so I went with the Mini. The sound quality is every bit as good as I had hoped for. :thumb:

JackD

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2017, 05:12 pm »
Agree with Wind Chaser and DSkip.  I had both in-house at the same time and kept Mini as did a friend who made same comparison.

zappan

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2017, 08:47 am »
@JackD - was the comparison by using their internal DACs, or the same external DAC used for both when doing the comparison?

I'm mainly interested in the transport only quality, as I run an external DAC, wondering if there could be much difference between node/aries/<others> units in such a setup.