20 years or more of Stereophile and the Absolute Sound

Danny Richie

I have stacks of them. Who wants them?

I think I'll keep all of the issues that I have product featured in. All the rest really needs to go. I have accumulated too many of them.

It is funny to look back at old issues. There were lots of speaker companies with glowing reviews in there that aren't around anymore.  :o

Danny Richie

Re: 20 years or more of Stereophile and the Absolute Sound
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2017, 08:10 pm »
Man, I have a pretty big stack of the Audio Express too. Most of them are unopened and in the original raper.

Sound and Vision magazines, Home Entertainment, Home Theater..... 

Why did I save all of these magazines?

Sensible Sound, the Inner Ear.... I don't think some of these magazines are even around any more.

Digital TV, Voice Coil, Speaker Builder....

How many of these did you guys read? 

Bound for Sound, Glass Audio....

Man, there were a lot of these.

Audio Video Interiors, Perfect Vision, Stereo Review, Stereophile guide to Home Theater....

bacobits1

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2017, 08:31 pm »
Yea I had stacks of them too very early Sensible Sound, Stereopile, Fi, Bount for sound (Marty Disappeared) etc. when we moved  to Charlotte10 years ago. Space restraints and I got rid of them no one wanted because of shipping mainly. A bit of nostalgic reading was cool. I dumped them.
Now I do not read any of them that are left which aint too many.

sonicboom

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2017, 08:53 pm »
Man, I have a pretty big stack of the Audio Express too. Most of them are unopened and in the original raper.

Danny, how much would you want for those Audio Express issues?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2017, 08:57 pm »
IMO the most valuable issues of anything for 'reference' are the October 'Audio' magazine. It had a list of all audio products. With retail prices.
Very useful.
Second is the Stereophile biyearly collected recommended issues. (Stereophile did sell a collected of all years? one?? a few years ago.
For reading.. The best are the small format TAS. All of them are fun to read. And the covers are art.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2017, 09:00 pm »
Danny, how much would you want for those Audio Express issues?

Pay the shipping and you can have them. Then keep GR Research in mind the next time you need something.

sonicboom

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2017, 10:12 pm »
Pay the shipping and you can have them. Then keep GR Research in mind the next time you need something.

Thank you! That's certainly a very generous offer and I will take you up on it. :D

Already a satisfied customer, and I'm sure a returning one as well, in the future. I bought one of the last assembled pairs of Paradox one's from you years ago. They are still being used and enjoyed to this day in an office system. :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2017, 10:43 pm »
Thank you! That's certainly a very generous offer and I will take you up on it. :D

Already a satisfied customer, and I'm sure a returning one as well, in the future. I bought one of the last assembled pairs of Paradox one's from you years ago. They are still being used and enjoyed to this day in an office system. :thumb:

Great!

Give me a call or e-mail me your specifics and I'll get them out to you.

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2017, 10:44 pm »
Would anyone else like any of these magazines?

nrenter

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2017, 01:26 am »
I'd add a random issue to every package you ship. It's your new gimmick.

Delacroix

« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2017, 01:44 am »
Man, I got years of these mags too. It's strange to see the quality of the production yet how little residual value the glossy mags of our recent past seem to hold. People tell me to dump them but it's difficult. I've been nutty enough to ship old collections of music mags across the ocean when I moved...now I realize how mad that makes me sound in today's e-zine world.

THROWBACK

« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2017, 02:18 pm »
Thanks for the offer, Danny. S'funny. Used to be (back when Stereophile and Absolute Sound first came out in their pocketbook format) that I would pounce upon them, devour every word, and keep them forever. Not any more. I am still a rabid audiophile, but the "slicks" don't do it for me anymore. I still subscribe, but it takes me about 15 minutes (or less) to go through them. I keep them for a couple of months and then toss them. I get much more these days from forums like these.

decal

« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2017, 02:45 pm »
I donated two boxes of audio related mags to the local library.

Captainhemo

« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2017, 05:58 am »
May be someone interested over in the Karma  circle  ?

jay

mick wolfe

« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2017, 02:49 pm »
Somewhat the same issue here. A bundle of older Stereophiles, (small format) Sensible Sounds and Listeners just boxed up in the closet. I hate to just toss them into the recycle bin, so there they've sat.