Damn Warren Miller Ski movies

Marbles

Damn Warren Miller Ski movies
« on: 10 Oct 2012, 02:59 am »
Watching one of his movies....do you think it's too late for me to get a sponsor to appear in one?

I think I missed my calling.  I should have been a ski bum.

Anyone else feel this way?

Oh yeah, I guess you guys have an audio thing going on this week.  I hope you all have fun with it.

Rclark

Re: Damn Warren Miller Ski movies
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2012, 04:49 am »
I met him and his family two years ago just randomly. He's a local. Very nice guy  :thumb:

...I was a ski bum for a few years. Started instructing when I was 17 and just lived up at the lodge. It was at the foot of one of the many chair lifts. It was very rough existence.

rockadanny

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2012, 11:19 am »
When I wake up for no good reason whatsoever at 3:00 am and cannot get back to sleep, sometimes I'll go to the couch and watch TV for a little while. I seem to find his stuff always playing somewhere and enjoy it very much. Very beautiful and surreal stuff. Especially good in the middle of the night. Kind of like dreaming while awake. Hypnotic.

Marbles

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2012, 05:06 pm »
They are infrequently shown in the flat part of flyover country.
Wish they were on more often here. 

I think I'd take a nap in the afternoon, just so I could get up at 3:00AM to watch 'em.

They do make me want to get out and ski though (too old for snowboarding). 

Some of those people have no fear of physical harm...they're crazy!!!!

rockadanny

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2012, 07:45 pm »
Crazy? But they're always flying so slowly. How do they do that?  :scratch: ( :lol: )

Bonginator

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2013, 03:54 am »
I agree with the comment about almost feeling like,you are dreaming when watching his movies...

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2015, 04:54 am »
McConkey
Watched this  a few times. I like Warren Miller movies better. WM movies make me want to ski, McConkey always had me on edge, like is this the scene he dies in?

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2015, 06:29 am »
Back when I bought a seasons pass and skied every Friday thru Sunday we went to his movies every year. My buddy could have been in any movie he ever did, he moved to Jackson Hole at 18 and did all that crazy stuff. The rest of us were good but not that good, those guys aren't just crazy, they are crazy good.

I met Warren a couple of times, back then he narrated the movies himself, in person. Aaah, the good old days.........

Greg

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #8 on: 3 Mar 2015, 11:15 am »
Used to go see his movies in Detroit night before thanksgiving. Live narration. Great stuff!