Need Advice on New System

dreamtimemusic

Need Advice on New System
« on: 27 Mar 2012, 03:04 pm »
Hello,

I need some advice on putting together a new system.

75/25 - Music/movies.
I have a home theater room wired for 5 channel sound. I have a pair of Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Grand l/r speakers. Looking for a used Vienna Acoustics Maestro grand center channel. I need to buy everything else!  have 6 zones wired in the house for distributed audio.

I have been leaning towards the following:

Definitive Technology for the two ceiling mounted surround sound speakers. Definitive Technology In-Wall RSS II Reference Ceiling Surround/Wall Speaker.

Zone 1 - On wall. Living room. Definitive Technology In-Wall RLS III Speakers. 25" high.
Zone 2 - Ceiling. Bathroom. Definitive Technology DI 6.5R In Wall/In Ceiling Speakers.
Zone 3 - Ceiling. Hot tub room. Definitive Technology DI 8R Round In-Wall Speakers.
Zone 4 - Bookshelf. Master BR. Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand. Top of dresser. I want to keep the same speaker sound in the BR as the home theater room.
Zone 5 - On floor. Sauna. Old Babb speakers.
Zone 6 - Outdoor speakers in yard. Not sure.

Components

Pre/Amp
Been thinking about Primare, Outlaw Audio, Emotiva, Cambridge Audio. The problem is I am waiting for the new preamp surround sound processor that's not out yet on most of these brands. Primare I'm trying to buy used because its expensive. But I can't find any newer model units available.

Distributed Audio system.
Been thinking about B&K and htd.com for the components and Polk, Noble Fidelity and Definitive Technology for the speakers.

I was thinking about getting the stereo stuff first so I have music in the house and waiting on the home theater component until they come out later on this year.

I am located in Boulder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Stephen