Nice 'Table Available Locally - Sota / ET2 / OC9 plus pre and vinyl collection

dwk

As part of cleaning house in preparation to (hopefully) sell, it's time to admit that my transition to digital/PC audio is complete and pass the vinyl rig on to someone.  I do not have the original packing for the Sota, and so am unwilling to consider shipping this at the moment, so I'm hoping for some interest in the Denver/front-range area. So, spread the word  :D

This is a very nice setup - Sota Sapphire in Koa, ET2 air-bearing arm, AT-OC9 (older version).  The only issue with the table is that it's missing the dust cover. Comes with the original pump for the ET2, plus I also have the pump from a Maplenoll Athena that I think worked better, but would have to be built into a case. I believe this is the original lower-pressure setup.  Also includes the ET2 setup jig, although with the arm mounted it probably isn't particularly useful unless you plan to move it to another table.

Included/available is an Acurus P10 phono stage which is a decent all-discrete unit in a nice solid case, adjustable gain etc. May not be your 'last' phono stage, but it'll do the job quite nicely until you get there.  It was actually used by a Cary dealer at a show at one point in it's life, so it has a Cary badge on it plus some sorbothane on the  interior. Not sure it makes any different, but isn't it ultimately all about the stories?

I also have a Record Doctor manual vacuum cleaner to include. The spindle on this broke a while ago, but it looks fixable by drilling it out. I'm not sure I'll get around to it given the other priorities, but it doesn't look too bad if you're handy.

Finally, I have my vinyl collection. I think it's 500-600 albums, most of which are what you'd expect from an 80's college student - REM, Talking Heads, Dylan, Laurie Anderson, Kate Bush etc. A fair bit of jazz and I started buying although not really listening to some classical as well. There are maybe 20-30 choice pieces here including some sealed MFSL, a couple open but mint MFSL, a sealed Dylan MTV, and some other mildly interesting stuff. Enough that if you want to 'work it', you could recoup a good portion of the cost by parceling it out - I just don't have the time at the moment to do this myself.

In my dream world, there is someone who wants the entire package as a turn-key setup, and I'll discount it appropriately to try to make that happen.  If you or someone you know have some interest in the pieces though, let me know.

I'm waffling a bit on the asking price of the pieces since I have no sense of the market, but my target price for the entire package is around the asking price of the ET2 that is currently on the 'Gon.   Let me know if you're interested and we can talk through the details.  I'll also get some photos taken (although they won't be nearly as spectacular as Wayne's  :wink:)

dwk

Uh, well. Who would have guessed that within an hour of posting on CL I'd get a response from a guy that has specifically been looking for an air-bearing setup.  So, the table is sold.

Still have the vinyl, though.

starkiller

Willing to piece out the vinyl?  Have a list per chance? Shipping?

alan

dwk

See the 'vinyl pricing sanity' thread. Ultimately, the buyer reconsidered and took the vinyl as well.

TONEPUB

Very cool.  Just bought an ET2 myself and really looking forward to using it.  This is a great combination....

jimdgoulding

It's nice that you have a digital set up that expands your expectations, but you are frickin nuts for parting with your record collection.  You can replace your analog front end if and when you may have a mind to, but not your records.  And some records sound way less good via digital, even high end digital of any sort, anyway.  You should have both, absolutely.  Don't do it!  If I may repeat, don't do that!

doug s.

• makin' music
It's nice that you have a digital set up that expands your expectations, but you are frickin nuts for parting with your record collection.  You can replace your analog front end if and when you may have a mind to, but not your records.  And some records sound way less good via digital, even high end digital of any sort, anyway.  You should have both, absolutely.  Don't do it!  If I may repeat, don't do that!

jim, have you ever heard the expression "shutting the barn door after the horses awreddy got out?"   :lol:

i do agree w/your sentiments 100%, btw...  i dunno of anyone who ever gave away their albums that didn't regret it later.

doug s.