Maraschino Early Adopter SPECIAL

Photon46

Re: Maraschino Early Adopter SPECIAL
« Reply #20 on: 13 Nov 2013, 05:59 pm »
 Any specific recommendations for the power supply upgrade?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #21 on: 15 Nov 2013, 04:51 am »
Any specific recommendations for the power supply upgrade?

We plan to offer a higher power supply next year.  We also plan a buy-back type upgrade program for this.  Sorry, no details yet.  Thanks for your post.

-Tommy O

metro

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 15 Nov 2013, 12:31 pm »
Wow.. this is very different from what is available today in the market.  Can't  wait for the reviews!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #23 on: 22 Nov 2013, 04:42 am »
For the record, I've heard two speaker systems so far that immediately sounded much better with Maraschino.  One is a semi-custom Seas/Vifa D'Appolito configuration 2-way.  These have been my "3rd level" test speakers for several years.  Yes, they are good, but I didn't realize HOW good.  The woofers are only 6.5" and the tweeters are soft cloth domes ---- not super fancy.  These now sound bigger (and louder without fatigue), plus they can really image!  It's an eye/ear-opener to see/hear just how much of an improvement the amp made.  Why invest in a new set of speakers (I hear Billy Joel in the background, "Don't waste your money....")?  Try the Maraschino first.  You may just love your speakers again....

Quick status update: 10 days left on the early adopter special.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #24 on: 30 Nov 2013, 11:15 am »
We would like to thank everyone for their great response to this special.  Today is the last day for the special, by the way!

:)

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #25 on: 30 Nov 2013, 05:33 pm »
The countdown begins!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #26 on: 30 Nov 2013, 08:47 pm »
One more pair then we're out to 2014....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #27 on: 30 Nov 2013, 10:18 pm »
One more pair then we're out to 2014....

Sold!

Cheeseboy

« Reply #28 on: 24 Dec 2013, 12:05 am »
Have any of the new Maraschino early adopters posted a reveiw yet?  I'm looking forward to hearing from the group. 

mamba315

« Reply #29 on: 24 Dec 2013, 04:28 pm »
I was told they are expecting to ship by 12/27.  There was a delay due to granite base supply issues.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #30 on: 24 Dec 2013, 04:39 pm »
Thanks Mamba,  I did not know that. 

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #31 on: 20 Jan 2014, 08:58 pm »
Have any of the new Maraschino early adopters posted a reveiw yet?  I'm looking forward to hearing from the group.

A list of reviews so far......
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=122893.msg1294518#msg1294518 (RCduck7, Jan 15)
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=122726.msg1292506#msg1292506 (mamba315, Jan 08)
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=113606.msg1196461#msg1196461 (mfsoa, Mar 03)
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2014, 04:35 am by AmpDesigner333 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #32 on: 24 Jan 2014, 04:31 am »
Think we might need a new thread for Maraschino reviews soon.

This one is not quite finished yet (just shipped an eval pair), but very well done so far:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dac/1.html

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #33 on: 4 Mar 2018, 04:14 pm »
Tommy, I've followed your product line development with interest and your newest offering takes a major design detour from previous designs. The tiny footprint begs the question; what happened to the power supply?? Stout and heavy power supply was one of the primary features that distinguished your amps from other competitors and your latest offering obviously takes a different design approach. Casework and power supply implementation obviously accounted for a significant part of the build cost in prior amps and the smaller footprint Maraschino has reduced those costs. So, if possible to answer without without giving away proprietary design info to competitors, can you explain where build costs go to account for the fact that your retail price remains roughly equivalent to your other amps after reducing the costs of installing a large traditional power supply. To my uneducated eye, your new amp seems to occupy a product niche similar to the one Kharma Matrix MP 150 populated (but at a lower price point than theirs.)
Came across the message above while searching for something else.  Check our the MEGAschino, a return to the "Stout and heavy power supply"!  Here's the Kickstarter introducing it:
http://kck.st/2CH4sLB