SP1.7 Query

thxultra

SP1.7 Query
« on: 16 Jun 2004, 09:45 pm »
When playing a dvd and theirs a drop in the digital signal my SP1.7 reverts back to PLII then back to the digital signal when it appears again. When this happens theirs a thud through the sub when it drops the signal then another thud when it picks up the signal again.I have tried the digital on code 056 which i though would solve this but it doesnt.My SP1.7 is an upgraded SP1 which did this too but without the thud on the sub.

Its running version 44D software
Any suggestions

jethro

SP1.7 Query
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2004, 11:38 pm »
Perhaps code 061 will help keep the SP-1.7 from going to analog PLII when the digital signal is lost ?

Is this a big thud or a little thud ?

I have little thuds from all my speakers when switching modes and inputs and powering off. I also turn it down a bit before changing things.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
SP1.7 Query
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2004, 11:56 pm »
Hi,

Have not heard of this one before but the code for Digital Lock is 061

james

gravy

• -Scott
SP1.7 Query
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2004, 02:47 pm »
Quote from: James Tanner
Hi,

Have not heard of this one before but the code for Digital Lock is 061

james

Can someone describe the benefits/disadvantages of using Digital Lock?  Sometimes my sp1.7 gets confused due to the fact that i have both analog and digital connections from my home theatre pc attached.  

I use analog connections for DVD-A from my Audigy2 sound card and digital connection for DVD movies.  I have to switch to stereo and back to digital to get the digital to "kick back in" occasionally.

thxultra

SP1.7 Query
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2004, 05:42 pm »
Quote from: jethro
Perhaps code 061 will help keep the SP-1.7 from going to analog PLII when the digital signal is lost ?

Hi Jethro will try 061 , i though 056 was the forced digital code.
As for the thuds , turns out it was the sub acting up as its a velodyne DD and the new software didnt take properly.

Now fixed its only very low level thuds so nothing to worry about.

Just like to say many thanks to James and everyone at bryston for the brilliant job they did with my SP1 Upgrade , it's like a brand new unit.
Now to get that 6BSST  :D

thxultra

SP1.7 Query
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2004, 06:44 pm »
Have tried 061 and the display says digital force on but it still drops back to analogue as soon as theirs a drop in the digital signal.

Anyone else's 1.7 do the same

Levi

SP1.7 Query
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2004, 12:25 am »
Yes.  Mine does the same thing.  I often have to use the digital button to get sound from my Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000 DVR.

Quote from: thxultra
Have tried 061 and the display says digital force on but it still drops back to analogue as soon as theirs a drop in the digital signal.

Anyone else's 1.7 do the same