RIP Rudy

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: RIP Rudy
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2016, 12:38 pm »
Too bad, a real loss for all the music, never forget the superb sound on CTI Records.
RIP

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2016, 01:41 pm »
I was listening to the memorial broadcast on WKCR yesterday at work. We were lucky to have RVG there at all those historic, classic sessions. It's funny that this topic appears on the Vinyl Circle, since he apparently had a strong dislike for the LP, citing it as "the biggest distorter", and that he was glad to see it go. But then he added, "don't blame the medium", which is an opinion I certainly respect.

RIP, RVG

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2016, 05:24 pm »
As great as he was in jazz, let us not forget his classical contributions. Vox used him for transfer/mastering work and occasional recording/engineering of small ensembles, where he was brilliant at recording and mastering in mono - resulting in terrific SQ - including the Vox early Ives quartets (again, brilliant) and the early Brendel on Vox/Turnabout. Golly, I sure am partial to some of those 50s/60s Vox recordings.

Thanks Rudy. Be seein' ya.

LSI