Impression-series-Review

slefley

Re: Impression-series-Review
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2017, 06:17 pm »
I've used GIK products in the past with great results - outstanding performance vs price.  I really like the appearance of the new Impression series but am confused over the difference between those and the Alpha series - is there a performance difference or just different appearance?

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2017, 06:52 pm »
I've used GIK products in the past with great results - outstanding performance vs price.  I really like the appearance of the new Impression series but am confused over the difference between those and the Alpha series - is there a performance difference or just different appearance?

Very good question! :oops: :duh:

With so many different GIK options--and because I was new to them, and treatments in general--I made the decision not to try and compare products in my article. A good subject for a follow up perhaps! I do believe there is a performance difference. I'm sure GIK will weigh in as to what those differences are. 

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2017, 11:19 am »

The Alpha panel is a true binary sequence so it will give nice amplitude diffusion. The Impression series is a more of a design so it does diffuse/scatter but without the binary sequence.  With both units the wood front acts as a membrane, so it helps not only retain the upper energy in the room, but also helps absorb more low end (drum effect from the wood).  My first pick would be the Alpha, as I am a SUPER ACOUSTIC GEEK :lol: :lol:, but the Impression does a great job for the reasons I listed above. Needless to say I don't think you would go wrong on either, so if you really like the looks of the Impression then I say GO FOR IT! ;)

Glenn Kuras
GIK Acoustics

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2017, 11:20 am »
Very good question! :oops: :duh:

With so many different GIK options--and because I was new to them, and treatments in general--I made the decision not to try and compare products in my article. A good subject for a follow up perhaps! I do believe there is a performance difference. I'm sure GIK will weigh in as to what those differences are.

I can't thank you enough for this review. You sir did a great job!! Hope we can work together again in the future.  :D

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2017, 07:06 pm »
http://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/the-value-of-treatments-giks-new-impression-series-acoustic-panels/

Wow, great review jhm731! I agree with you that 4 panels are usually more than enough to make an obvious improvement in an untreated room, but more panels are needed to get optimal  acoustic results.

Well done!