Hello again

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Hello again
« on: 16 Oct 2017, 11:19 pm »
A sincere thank you to all for your warm welcome back wishes and yes indeed, it has definitely been a long time.  It is once again great to be back in the company of individuals who share a common appreciation of our most cherished music, and last but not least, the audio equipment, that brings it all to life in our secluded Xanadu.

Sadly, a little over a year and a half ago, we lost our best friend Hector.  Hector developed heart issues, that are unfortunately all too common with Boxers – we said our goodbye's on a cold, Tuesday morning in January. Our most loved furry friends are truly candles in the wind,” everyday is a new adventure for them, we watch them grow old way too fast and when they are gone, the home is horribly empty. I close my eyes now and then and see my absent friends.

We are considering a move to the East Coast within the next couple of years, oh the sweet irony as when I was in the Air Force I could not wait for a posting back to Ontario and now can't wait to move – the old adage of "Be careful what you wish for" can certainly ring true now and then. Lady Laundrew’s family lives on the East Coast so she is looking forward to eventually moving and on the logical side, as men are notorious of dying before the ladies, she will be all established when I shrugged off this mortal coil.

Perhaps the new to be home will experience a truly custom Gothic style basement renovation – oh please be still, my tender, beating heart.

On the music front, still enjoying the beasties – momentarily turns head, looks over towards them and smiles. No turntable purchase as of yet as I lost interest in it after losing Hector. Perhaps I will look into this again within the coming year. As for music purchases, still adding new CDs and vinyl to the collection and I have outgrown the storage capacity of my alternative, in room music CD wall rack – envies our digital storage friends. Oh well, call me old fashioned.

So what's new with you?   I have some catching up to do :lol:

Be well...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2017, 11:50 pm »
I glad you are well, welcome back Laundrew :thumb:
Pets are the best friends of the human race.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2017, 02:36 am »
Welcome back

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2017, 07:04 am »

...indeed hello again, Laundrew!  :thumb:
sad story about Hector. a loss no doubt.

al.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2017, 09:05 am »
You were missed! I for one have always enjoyed talking with you, plus I found several awesome albums because of your suggestions.

I am very sorry to hear about the passing of Hector. I too have lost two furry friends in the past two years, cats also no not have eternal life. They are missed dearly...

I am attempting to build new loudspeakers, but for some reason the birds of destiny keep shitting om my project. Money is a continuing issue. There is always something that demands a big bite out of my savings...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2017, 10:53 pm »
Other nice guy that is missing Doug S.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=profile;u=122

Spyman

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2017, 09:54 pm »
Funny you should show up now. Just last week I was going to post the question, “anyone heard from a long-time poster Landrew?” And now you’re back. Sorry about the loss of Hector. We lost our long-loved Sheltie “Sundance” last year and the memories are still very fresh. Good to have you back.

Terry

Robert D

« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2017, 07:13 pm »
Welcome back Buddy .  It's been a long time I'm sorry to hear about your best friend .

We recently put down our Zoey she had osteosarcoma... Bone Cancer The Doctors gave her 6 Months ... we got 3 years more ..
I know what you're feeling .
Personally I knew something was wrong in the Landrew's house . My heart goes out to you

Robert