Tom Petty Full Moon Fever 24/96 any good?

BobC

Tom Petty Full Moon Fever 24/96 any good?
« on: 10 Apr 2015, 03:26 pm »
Curious to know if anyone has got this from hdtracks and can comment on the sound?

I've already got Tom Petty's Greatest Hits on 16/44, so it'll scratch my itch....but if the high rez remaster is generally viewed as a real improvement, I may be tempted.

Thanks, Bob

paul79

• Industry Participant
Re: Tom Petty Full Moon Fever 24/96 any good?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2015, 03:50 pm »
Might watch Acoustic Sounds. They are coming with a whole slew of Petty in DSD, and they may do PCM as well, but I don't know all yet.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2015, 05:32 pm »
I put a few albums on the wishlist at HDTracks yesterday.  I usually buy music in bunches so whenever I get through what I bought last and then get a sale email from HDTracks, I might pick up one or more.  Not in a rush but I will get some.  At this point I buy more hi-rez than CDs.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2015, 05:34 pm »
Might watch Acoustic Sounds. They are coming with a whole slew of Petty in DSD, and they may do PCM as well, but I don't know all yet.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&categoryid=Any&searchField=Any&searchtext=tom+petty&search.x=7&search.y=10

Right now all that show are the digital downloads.  Do you have more info from somewhere else? 

vhiner

« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2015, 04:20 am »
For what it's worth, here's my take on two of the T.P. downloads.

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/music/tom_petty_remasters_dl.htm

mav52

« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2015, 12:36 pm »
I actually did download a few TP downloads.  I have all of his LP's and cd's.  I'll stick to the LP's and Cd's.  The down loads are to clinical to my ears.  They sound " to darn digital in comparison with the LP's.  I tired them via my Teac ud-501 and my Hugo.  Same result. 

BobC

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2015, 04:10 pm »
Thank you for saving me some $$$. Very helpful.

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2015, 05:05 pm »
Thank you for saving me some $$$. Very helpful.

+1 - have them on my wish list of HDTracks