The NFL Season, 17-18

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #240 on: 16 Jan 2018, 03:05 am »
Yeah, it was pretty horrible. But he's a Rook, with only 18 games under his belt. To his credit, he had five tackles (three solo), two blocked passes and a key interception.

As for the last play, he Rooked it. As brutal as that is, there's nothing more to it than that.

I like that he spoke with the press after the game, and that he's owning it.

Time to move on... Where is Drew playing next season?

Doodlebum

« Reply #241 on: 16 Jan 2018, 03:16 am »
I told the wife today that Drew should quit. They have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm in La. BTW lol !!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #242 on: 16 Jan 2018, 05:00 am »
I told the wife today that Drew should quit. They have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm in La. BTW lol !!

Honestly, I expect Drew to be playing for the Broncos next year. I hope with every inch of my soul that the Saints don't let that happen.

charmerci

« Reply #243 on: 16 Jan 2018, 06:00 am »
Honestly, I expect Drew to be playing for the Broncos next year. I hope with every inch of my soul that the Saints don't let that happen.

Nah - there's some talk about Cousins going there but the Broncs really have to squeeze their salary cap for him - so I'm sure Brees would command much more than Kirk.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #244 on: 16 Jan 2018, 03:09 pm »
Drew ain't leaving Nawlin's!  :nono:

Bank on it.

Gene

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #245 on: 16 Jan 2018, 03:35 pm »
Drew ain't leaving Nawlin's!  :nono:

Bank on it.

Gene
From what I have read, Drew Brees would pay to play in New Orleans. Too bad money gets in the way of good sense so often. For quality of life reasons, I'd take a nice average paycheck to sit on the Patriot bench rather than deal with the endless disappointment and shame of playing for the Browns or Buffalo in their climate. I find losing all the time quite depressing. In addition, given the choices he has and the prospects his new team roster promises, I can't imagine, Brees would be very tempted by any other offer.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #246 on: 16 Jan 2018, 03:46 pm »
From what I have read, Drew Brees would pay to play in New Orleans. Too bad money gets in the way of good sense so often. For quality of life reasons, I'd take a nice average paycheck to sit on the Patriot bench rather than deal with the endless disappointment and shame of playing for the Browns or Buffalo in their climate. I find losing all the time quite depressing. In addition, given the choices he has and the prospects his new team roster promises, I can't imagine, Brees would be very tempted by any other offer.

Hi Macrojack.

I completely agree 101% with you! :thumb:

Now, come on down to N.O. with me and we'll make sure Drew sees this situation correctly. :green:

Gene

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #247 on: 16 Jan 2018, 04:42 pm »
Hi Macrojack.

I completely agree 101% with you! :thumb:

Now, come on down to N.O. with me and we'll make sure Drew sees this situation correctly. :green:

Gene
Hi Gene,
Unlikely that I will travel again. Very happy to remain in Colorado, although I can go so far as to say New Orleans (and possibly Nashville) are the only places in the south that could realistically tempt me to leave home.
Brew Drees could go straight from Saints QB to Mayor of New Orleans just by indicating that he would be willing. Why leave that?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #248 on: 16 Jan 2018, 04:47 pm »
Williams and all the Saints defenders were most certainly coached up to do anything to avoid a defensive penalty on that play.  I'm certain he was dodging Diggs to avoid a penalty, unfortunately taking out the trailing cornerback who could have made the tackle.  To his credit the young man made no excuses and owned it, a real stand up guy.  No one's mentioning the fantastic catch Diggs made and his tight rope run along the sidelines, you could see him brace for the hit that was coming and when it didn't he was the most surprised guy on the field.  Great game.
Philly fans didn't really care who comes here, perhaps a little more afraid of Brees but not by much.  Mostly they spend all day on talk radio making excuses for Foles and pontificating on how he could pull it out.  I give the edge to Keenum over Foles on two equally matched teams so expect to see the Vikings against the Parts in the Bowl.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #249 on: 16 Jan 2018, 05:10 pm »
Williams and all the Saints defenders were most certainly coached up to do anything to avoid a defensive penalty on that play.  I'm certain he was dodging Diggs to avoid a penalty, unfortunately taking out the trailing cornerback who could have made the tackle.  To his credit the young man made no excuses and owned it, a real stand up guy.  No one's mentioning the fantastic catch Diggs made and his tight rope run along the sidelines, you could see him brace for the hit that was coming and when it didn't he was the most surprised guy on the field.  Great game.
Philly fans didn't really care who comes here, perhaps a little more afraid of Brees but not by much.  Mostly they spend all day on talk radio making excuses for Foles and pontificating on how he could pull it out.  I give the edge to Keenum over Foles on two equally matched teams so expect to see the Vikings against the Parts in the Bowl.
Letitroll98 - You are easily the best football analyst commenting on AC. Your Super Bowl projection aligns with my impulse and the Patriots are a team I much admire. Despite all that though, I have a funny hunch that J-ville might be heading to Minnesota. Bortles is newly competent and the Jags' defense has extreme shutdown potential. As usual, TB is the wild card.

Doublej

« Reply #250 on: 16 Jan 2018, 07:24 pm »
In the end it doesn't matter who won the Saints-Vikings game because the Patriots are going to win the Superbowl one more time and then Kraft/Belichick/Brady empire will come to and end.  :)

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #251 on: 16 Jan 2018, 08:35 pm »
In the end it doesn't matter who won the Saints-Vikings game because the Patriots are going to win the Superbowl one more time and then Kraft/Belichick/Brady empire will come to and end.  :)

Win or lose, I hope Belichick comes back next season just to see who he hires on his staff to continue that amazing dynasty.

Gene

ohenry

« Reply #252 on: 16 Jan 2018, 10:12 pm »
Just be sure to check for ball air pressure.  Tommy likes his a bit on the flabby side. :lol:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #253 on: 17 Jan 2018, 12:14 am »
Now the Vikings have their own "Hail Mary" pass....reminiscent of the Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson bomb that beat Minnesota in the 1975 playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000907337/article/staubach-diggs-miracle-makes-up-for-1975-hail-mary

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #254 on: 19 Jan 2018, 07:11 pm »
Come Sunday I'll be rooting for Jacksonville and Minnesota.  :thumb:

smargo

« Reply #255 on: 19 Jan 2018, 07:26 pm »

and ill be rooting for the eagles - since im born and bred in philly

they are sneaky good - even with foles as qb

rodge827

« Reply #256 on: 19 Jan 2018, 07:29 pm »

One guess?  :scratch: :green:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #257 on: 19 Jan 2018, 07:40 pm »
and ill be rooting for the eagles - since im born and bred in philly

they are sneaky good - even with foles as qb

Got your underdog mask? Apparently they can't keep these things in stock back there.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #258 on: 19 Jan 2018, 07:44 pm »
One guess?  :scratch: :green:

Oh yeah, I'd rather have it that the NFC South Champs lost to the Superbowl Champs rather than a Team that made it just one game farther...  :thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #259 on: 19 Jan 2018, 08:10 pm »
Oh yeah, I'd rather have it that the NFC South Champs lost to the Superbowl Champs rather than a Team that made it just one game farther...  :thumb:

Really Jerry?  :roll:
A loss is a loss no matter who you loose to.
Besides the 2017 NE Pats aren't the same team that won the Super Bowl.
Same as the Falcons weren't the same Super Bowl team the Iggles beat!

Just hope its a good clean game and the ref's do a good job...never thought they would be here So

E-A-G-L-E-S Iggles!