tekton design mini lore and lore.

roscoeiii

Re: tekton design mini lore and lore.
« Reply #160 on: 16 Jan 2012, 04:52 pm »
That detail may just be a function of the distortion inherent in a larger driver that is particularly present when asked to reproduce a broad range of frequencies. IIRC, the Enabl treatments in large part were created to minimize/alleviate/eliminate this sort of distortion and break up modes. As I understand it, this issue of distortion and break up modes is often the reason that more large full-range drivers are not seen.

Poultrygeist

« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2012, 07:53 pm by Poultrygeist »

genjamon

« Reply #162 on: 16 Jan 2012, 06:56 pm »
The new Lore-S model has a Seas main driver and a different tweeter, too. Might provide more detail and other audiophile traits for those that want it, but at higher cost. Eric told me the regular Lore is punchier, but the S model more refined. I didn't get much more out of him than that, so not sure exactly what he meant by those terms.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #163 on: 16 Jan 2012, 07:11 pm »
My 8 inch Fostex F200A drivers (before EnABL) were much more detailed than the Hawthorne Silver Iris drivers.  After EnABLing (by Bud Purvine himself) the detail has improved.  But the large driver/detail idea may not be far from the truth.

Note that I listen for emotional enjoyment, not to make a mental analysis.

sebrof

« Reply #164 on: 16 Jan 2012, 08:50 pm »
I currently own Tekton Katz Meow V1 and Tekton Lore. The Katz have 8" Fostex drivers, the Lore of course has the Eminence 10", both have a tweeter.
I love the detail and transparency of the Katz, and I love the fullness and punch of the Lores. Only in more expensive speakers have I heard both. Everything is a compromise when you get down to it, and the less compromised the more money generally.
I used to own Omens, FWIW. Also Magnepan 12s and 1.6s, KHorns, Martin Logan Ascents...

Poultrygeist

« Reply #165 on: 16 Jan 2012, 10:22 pm »
I get far more punch and detail with my simple bi-amped OB Tang Band W8-1808 over Alpha-15A H-frames than I ever got from box speakers like the Zu's....and for less than half the cost.

gcos

« Reply #166 on: 26 Mar 2012, 09:09 pm »

finsup

« Reply #167 on: 26 Jun 2012, 01:10 am »
For those a little bit unfamilair with Eric Alexander and Tekton Designs, I found this over at Home Theater Review:

Tekton Designs: Audiophile Success Despite All Odds
http://hometheaterreview.com/tekton-designs-audiophile-success-despite-all-odds/

SlushPuppy

« Reply #168 on: 26 Jun 2012, 01:38 am »
For those a little bit unfamilair with Eric Alexander and Tekton Designs, I found this over at Home Theater Review:

Tekton Designs: Audiophile Success Despite All Odds
http://hometheaterreview.com/tekton-designs-audiophile-success-despite-all-odds/

Thanks for the link. I've know of the company for some time, but didn't know any of the background details. Sounds like he had quite a few struggles along the way. Glad to hear he overcame them and is doing well.

Slush

finsup

« Reply #169 on: 26 Jun 2012, 05:54 pm »
Yeah, it's kinda amazing considering everything that happened.

Rclark

« Reply #170 on: 26 Jun 2012, 06:26 pm »
I currently own Tekton Katz Meow V1 and Tekton Lore. The Katz have 8" Fostex drivers, the Lore of course has the Eminence 10", both have a tweeter.
I love the detail and transparency of the Katz, and I love the fullness and punch of the Lores. Only in more expensive speakers have I heard both. Everything is a compromise when you get down to it, and the less compromised the more money generally.
I used to own Omens, FWIW. Also Magnepan 12s and 1.6s, KHorns, Martin Logan Ascents...

Holy moly  :), care to elaborate on the differences? Coming from Magnepans but interested in Tekton as a general purpose speaker.
 Oh wow you have both! Care to elaborate a little further on the differences between all those?  :thumb: :lol: That might take a few pages. I can wait  :green:

doglog

« Reply #171 on: 26 Jun 2012, 08:47 pm »
This is my first post on AudioCircle, so let me know if this is the wrong place to post this question, but does anyone have personal experience with both the Tekton M-Lore and the Zu Omen? I realize the more appropriate comparison is between the Omen and Lore, but I prefer the smaller stature of the Omen and M-Lore. The write-up at Home Theater Review suggests that the M-Lore sounds better, but that review doesn't contain enough detail to get a real sense of the differences. I would appreciate any feedback you all have.

HiFi Buck

« Reply #172 on: 1 Aug 2012, 10:37 pm »
This is my first post on AudioCircle, so let me know if this is the wrong place to post this question, but does anyone have personal experience with both the Tekton M-Lore and the Zu Omen? I realize the more appropriate comparison is between the Omen and Lore, but I prefer the smaller stature of the Omen and M-Lore. The write-up at Home Theater Review suggests that the M-Lore sounds better, but that review doesn't contain enough detail to get a real sense of the differences. I would appreciate any feedback you all have.

Well hello newbie, I am a newbie as well and this too is also my first post. The Tekton Model Lore's and the ZU Audio Omen's are at the top of my list. I have had conversations with both Eric from Tekton and Sean at ZU, both great guys and very helpful. From what I have read everywhere it looks like the Lore is the clear cut winner in both performance and affordability. Still on the fences though, I also heard that ZU has something new in the making right now. But I am wanting to make a purchase very soon.

HiFi Buck

« Reply #173 on: 1 Aug 2012, 10:41 pm »

I am building two different systems. One for multimedia and one in a dedicated 2 channel audio only room. Most likely will go with the Lore's for the multimedia room and the Katz Meow for the 2 channel system, or maybe the Lore-S.

Rocket

« Reply #174 on: 19 May 2015, 01:34 am »
Hi Guys,

Sorry for re opening such an old thread.  I've been considering some of the Tekton Design speakers for home theatre use. Probably a pair of lore's and one centre channel.  I have heard of communication problems etc. and just wondering if their lead in times for products is okay?  I usually deal with Salk Sound but just want some cheaper speakers as I want to free up a good pair of speakers I am using at the moment for this purpose.

Cheers Rod

morganc

« Reply #175 on: 19 May 2015, 03:17 am »
I've purchased three sets of Tektons over the years and Eric can be a little slow at times (especially in the fall) but I bet this time of year he can get you speakers quickly and easily. 

Also, if you have the room for HT I would go with the Pendragons or Enzo's. 

genjamon

« Reply #176 on: 19 May 2015, 03:33 am »
Earlier this year Eric posted a heart-wrenching blog post on his website's blog page that goes a long way to explaining the inconsistent communications and delivery times for his products many customers have experienced over the last several years. It sounds like things have turned around at this point with the business side, if not in his personal life. I would encourage you to take a look at his blog on that front.

As for Lores in the home theater, I currently use my Lores in the tv room. It does really quite fine there for my purposes. However if these are truly for home theater, I would say the Lores bass goes down low well enough for music, but won't have the impact down low for special effects. I'd second the pendragon or Enzo recommendation if bass impact is desired. Or at least make sure you have a sub to supplement the Lores.

Rocket

« Reply #177 on: 19 May 2015, 05:24 am »
Hi Guys,

Thank you both for your responses.  Bass is handled by Salk Sound Rhythmic Subwoofer and I'm sure the lores would be sufficient for my needs.  Still really want song towers but I can't justify the price.  I want to free up my Nuforce S9's which I use as main speakers in my HT system.  Such a waste for this purpose.

Thanks for the feedback as it gives me a bit of confidence to deal with Tekton Design.

Cheers Rod

Ultralight

« Reply #178 on: 28 May 2015, 01:51 pm »
Two quick questions:

1. is there a page someway that gives distinctions on all the variations of the lores and the pros/cons of each version?  There are at least six versions.

Mini-Lore Monitor
Mini-Lore
Lore-S
Lore Reference (among the lower cost though many many manufacturers will put 'reference' as their higher end models)
Lore
Lore 2.0

2. Do all Lore run the main driver full range?  Or do some of them get crossover parts?

Thanks!
UL