mysqueezebox - whiskey tango foxtrot

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
mysqueezebox - whiskey tango foxtrot
« on: 19 Apr 2018, 01:41 am »
So for the past two days Tidal won't stream from my SB Touch. It started with a ton of dropouts, then just nothing. The app works, it just won't connect. I run Logitech's on-board network diagnostics and it reports as *Not Okay*. That's all, nothing more.

To you IT inclined folks, yes, I've rebooted it; yes, I removed the cables. No, this has never ever happened before, only flawless playback. Yes, everything else through the Touch works flawlessly.

So I open Tidal on my computer. It immediately says that new software is in place. I do the IT checklist thing again to no avail. I delete Tidal from the Touch, do the IT thing again, then reinstall Tidal. No joy.

Somehow I recall that in the past I have had to log in to mysqueezebox.com to allow the Touch to talk with mommy. So I do that, just several minutes ago. The webpage is fine, but once I click on "Log In" this is what I get:

Is anybody else seeing the Warning page on Log In? Does anybody have an idea of what's going on? Any thoughts on a fix to make Tidal work again? (Tidal has always worked perfectly. I'm currently streaming 24/96 from my computer without issue)

Have fun,

Jerry

weatherman1

Re: mysqueezebox - whiskey tango foxtrot
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:06 am »
I got a similar message saying that the website was incorrectly configured and that Firefox/Mozilla would not make a connection.  The Logitech Squeezebox site was last updated in 2012 so .....  I have a Duet and am hoping it keeps running.  I could never understand why Logitech stopped building and supporting a system that has worked well for years.  I suspect they didn't charge enough.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2018, 07:12 am »
Jerry,

I suffer dropouts with my SBT. We're on the fourth floor in a 12-floor building. There's an identical building 60 feet in front of my picture window. [Welcome to city living in Asia.] There are a lot of folks using wifi for all kinds of electronics, so I assume some of my dropouts are from my neighbors. Oddly, there have been almost zero dropouts in the last 3 weeks, but a huge number the 10 days prior. Go figure. I'll take what I can get.

I have discovered that unplugging my router for a minute and plugging it back in achieves fewer dropouts. I have not run into the message you've posted. I'm using a Mac Mini. Does this have any influence? Are you using the TIDAL app, or are you running it in a browser window? [I'm running the app.]

Good luck.

Every winter when we come back to Taiwan, I ask myself if my SBT will work. It hasn't died yet, but...... :nono: I do spend more time thinking about a replacement.

Michael

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2018, 11:33 am »
I got a similar message saying that the website was incorrectly configured and that Firefox/Mozilla would not make a connection.  The Logitech Squeezebox site was last updated in 2012 so .....  I have a Duet and am hoping it keeps running.  I could never understand why Logitech stopped building and supporting a system that has worked well for years.  I suspect they didn't charge enough.

No kidding.  I'm still using my Squeezeboxes.  Although I went through phases about their website interface, they provide a very easy way to randomly play songs/albums/whatever while at the same time excluding certain genres (such as Holiday, kids, etc.).  Nobody else does that.

randytsuch

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2018, 06:25 pm »
Lately, I have been running LMS on a pi2, and picoreplayer on a pi3.  The pi3 has an allo reclocker and a tda1387 based dac.

I have music on a NAS, and also stream from Tidal.

Has been working fine, really like Tidal streaming and it was pretty easy to setup in LMS, once I figured out you need to add the app in mysqueezebox lol

So this is a squeezebox environment, but running on pi's.

Last night, I did notice tidal was wonky.  The stuff I had saved as favorites didn't show up, and I tried some searches and was getting timeouts.

After looking at this thread, I logged into mysqueezebox, and made sure everything looked good there.  I deleted some test units that showed up in mysb but that I'm not currently using.
Then I logged into tidal from my iphone, and it was working fine there.
BTW, I did not see that security notice.  I was doing this from an ipad, so that could be why.  I have seen those types of notices on windows before. 
For audio stuff like this, I usually ignore them.  If it had to do with finances or shopping or credit cards, I would close the site.

So then I tried tidal again, and it was working fine.  I don't think anything I did made a difference, guessing it just hiccuped and starting working again.

I was accessing tidal through ipeng.

Hope it starts working for you guys too.

Randy

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2018, 10:52 pm »
I also think the screen prompt you got looks like a Security prompt from your browser/software.

I just logged on to my account and all is well.

And yet I expect this all to go away any day.

Alan

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2018, 12:59 am »
Okay, all is well again today. No issues whatsoever. It must have been on Tidal's end, because it never happened before and everything is sweet again.  :D

Thanks for the help, Folks. AC members kick ass.  :thumb:

Have fun,

Jerry