Opinions on these amps?

Darrenmcc

Opinions on these amps?
« on: 11 Mar 2010, 06:38 pm »
I'm looking at adding a Tube Preamplifier or Integrated amplifier to my setup for 2 channel listening. My setup is currently a Bryston BCD-1 cd player, Bryston SP2 Pre/Processor, Sherbourn 5250a SS power amp, and Anthony Gallo 3.1's speakers. I was looking for some opinions or experience with the following tube preamplifiers/Integrated amplifiers: Rogue Perseus, Odyssey Candela, Primaluna ProLogue 1, Jolida JD 3000B, and Manley Jumbo Shrimp. Any opinions or comments on these would be appreciated.  Should I just stick with what I have as adding a Tube Pre-amplifier will be of no benefit? Thanks in advance.

drummermitchell

Re: Opinions on these amps?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2010, 06:51 pm »
Why not try and see if your audiostore will let do a HOME AUDITION.
That I think, is the best way,your gear,your room,your tunes ect.
That's what I do and your in the comfort zone :thumb:.

1ZIP

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2010, 07:05 pm »
DM is spot on...definitely do an in home audition.  I tried mixing a McIntosh pre with a Bryston amp. and it was very disappointing. 

Darrenmcc

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2010, 05:19 am »
Why not try and see if your audiostore will let do a HOME AUDITION.
That I think, is the best way,your gear,your room,your tunes ect.
That's what I do and your in the comfort zone :thumb:.
The only one I can demo is the Jolida JD 3000b. My dealer suggested the Manley Jumbo Shrimp, but I cannot demo it.

1ZIP

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2010, 05:32 am »
Ask him about the return policy.

drummermitchell

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2010, 05:43 am »
I take it he only has the Jolida.if he has the others and won't let you demo,then I'd go to another.
Your spending a mess of money and you gotta be happy with your purchase.
I did a demo(at home) with a 14000 pre,I wa a little surprised they let me take her home,
I guess they thought there was a chance I'd buy her,there's always a chance.
I'd audition that Jolida for a couple of days,then i'd go to another place and see if you can home demo
All they do is take your credit card#(security's sake)and when you bring her back,your done.
They give you the card receipt back and, NO CHARGE FOR THE DEMO :thumb:.I like it.