Selling My ACI 7.1 System

Evan Scussel

Selling My ACI 7.1 System
« on: 16 Sep 2009, 06:51 pm »
It is with great regret that I am selling my 7.1 ACI system.  About two years ago, I was a frequent poster on this board, as well as at AVS and Home Theater Forum as a big time ACI advocate.  I still am.  However, about two years ago, I took a job in Chicago and moved into a very small one bedroom apartment.  As a result, I had to box up my 7.1 ACI system and put it into storage until I was able to buy another house.

Well, that day has come, but due to the fact that the wife and I bought a medium-sized condo in close proximity to our neighbors, and the fact that we expect our first born to arrive in December, I've decided to sell my complete 7.1 system and downsize for a little while.  I'm going to post these pieces on Audiogon, but thought I would give a lucky Audio Circle reader the first crack at things.

Here is what I have.
ACI Maestro (Maple Finish) including sub
Sapphire XL's (Maple Finish)
one pair of Emeralds (Maple Finish)
one pair of Emerald on-walls (Maple Finish)
Essence Center Channel (Maple Finish)

This is a kick ass 7.1 system that, when new, cost over $6,000 with the custom finishes.  I'll sell the entire system for half that.  $3,000 in total.  Depending on where the purchaser lives, I'm willing to be negotiable on shipping.  The entire system is in pristine condition.  In fact, the only speakers of the bunch that have even been used in the last two years are the Emerald on-walls.  Everything else has been carefully placed in storage in their original packaging.

If you are interested, drop me a line at evan.scussel@hotmail.com

Many kudos to Mike Dzurko.  I've had many great exchanges with Mike and he's been a great help to me over the years.  I haven't bought my last ACI product, not by a long shot.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Selling My ACI 7.1 System
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2009, 06:28 pm »
Evan:

Hate to see you selling, but congratulations on your upcoming family addition! Exciting times for you and your wife for sure. 

This s a GREAT opportunity for someone   :D

Evan S

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2009, 05:05 am »
Mike,

Thanks.  You've been 100% class this entire time that I have owned ACI gear (going on 5 years now).   I haven't gotten any offers, which is understandable given the price of the system in this economy.

I'm willing to sell the pieces separately, but I have to wait until December to do so.  See, most of my gear is stored in Connecticut and being in Chicago, well, that's a problem.

If I did sell things separately, I'd probably price things at....

$1000 obo for the Maestro (with amp)
$500 for the Essence Center
$900 for the Sapphire XL's
$300 for the Emeralds
$300 for the Emerald on-walls

If anyone is interested in any of the pieces individually, please let me know.  I'm not in a rush to sell and can try to get things shipped out of Connecticut with a little help.  Everything is already boxed and ready to go.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2009, 09:28 am »
Boy, even in a very small place I'd keep a pair of Sapphires or Emeralds.

Evan S

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2009, 02:08 am »
You are right, but with a newborn on the way, I'm worried about him tipping over the stands and having the speaker fall on him.  I'm making the ultimate sacrifice and moving to inwalls, at least until my kids are getting close to the pre-teen age.

ErikW

« Reply #5 on: 5 Feb 2010, 03:03 pm »
Any chance any of this is still available? I'm in CT
Erik 8608053243

boxer

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2010, 08:44 am »
Is your system  still  for sale?

boxer

« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2010, 08:47 am »
frank (562)547-2887 call me if it is still available :D

kylekalivoda11

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2010, 04:45 pm »
I'd love to buy the Essence center from you if you still have it. Possibly the Maestro as well. 650-521-6447

I will take care of shipping charges and any packing costs you may have. I want the Essence like really bad.

Thanks

jparkhur

« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2010, 05:53 pm »
Still have sub?:   Let us know..

JP