Come Visit Us at T.H.E. SHOW Newport Beach!!

Gopher

Come Visit Us at T.H.E. SHOW Newport Beach!!
« on: 21 May 2014, 04:15 pm »
Hi All,

For those of you planning on attending the upcoming show in Newport beach I wanted to remind you to come pay us a visit in room 829 of the Hilton Hotel where we will be partnered with Gingko Audio, Danacables and Wells Audio and are expecting to have a great room assembled with these top notch show partners.

We will be showing our LampizatOr Big 7 DAC complete with EML 45 tubes along with our TranspOrt.  We are also making arrangements to have a presentation of DSD through the Big 7 which should be breath taking!

Hope to see you there!

Fred

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
Re: Come Visit Us at T.H.E. SHOW Newport Beach!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2014, 05:50 pm »
Hey Neighbor!  Great choice of room location.  The audio society hospitality suite (831-833) is next door.  I'll be the hospitality host Saturday morning. 

Encourage your visitors to drop by our "quiet zone" to relax and recharge.  We'll have plenty of snacks, water, sodas, select adult beverages, and (this is my brilliant idea) a charging station for tablets and smart phones.

Russ

ltr317

« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2014, 09:34 pm »
Hi All,

For those of you planning on attending the upcoming show in Newport beach I wanted to remind you to come pay us a visit in room 829 of the Hilton Hotel where we will be partnered with Gingko Audio, Danacables and Wells Audio and are expecting to have a great room assembled with these top notch show partners.

We will be showing our LampizatOr Big 7 DAC complete with EML 45 tubes along with our TranspOrt.  We are also making arrangements to have a presentation of DSD through the Big 7 which should be breath taking!

Hope to see you there!

Fred

Will do.  See you and Rob sometime in the three days. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2014, 09:39 pm »
will check out your room for sure. 

Cheeseboy

« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2014, 10:38 pm »
Free stuff FUR SURE,

Actually looking forward  it.  You were on the list anyway.

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2014, 06:52 am »
Day 1 is down and a good day it was.   Those of you at the shcome see us in room 829 at the Hilton tomorrow!

worldcat

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2014, 12:32 am »
What do you use to put DSD into the dac?  A MAC?

Hi All,

Hope to see you there!

Fred

mgalusha

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2014, 01:56 am »
It was great to meet Fred and Rob, great guys. The room was sounding very nice. I thought it just a bit better today than on Saturday, just seemed to flow better. I noticed today was USB from the computer and yesterday was S/PDIF from a transport, perhaps the USB input is just a wee bit smoother, at least for my tastes. Thanks again for the hospitality guys.

Seatrope

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2014, 03:31 pm »
Hey Fred and Rob!

Good luck at the show! Wish I could be there. I'm glad you guys are showing off what the big 7 can do with DSD!! Are you running ASIO direct bitstream or DoP?

The double rate DSD128 tracks from Opus3 would make an amazing show demo I think. What are you guys playing?

Yeang

Gopher

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2014, 06:25 pm »
Worldcat,

We used a mac briefly, but the main DSD demonstration we did on Saturday utilized a purpose built server which was generously loaned to us by Luan (Shawbros3).  I'm new to the DSD format and can see why there is some dissent as to whether it is always a superior format, but my firm opinion now is that true DSD content can be downright haunting!

Mike,

It was a real pleasure getting to know you in person!  Thanks for tracking me down in Cali and we will definitely be in touch!

Yeang,

Thanks for the positive encouragement.  We use DoP...   No get back to studying!  You've got boards to ace!   :thumb: 

shadowlight

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jun 2014, 06:46 pm »
Worldcat,

We used a mac briefly, but the main DSD demonstration we did on Saturday utilized a purpose built server which was generously loaned to us by Luan (Shawbros3). 

Any additional information on the purpose built server?  Was it Win7/Win2012/Mac/Linux and which app was controlling content (jriver/amarra/pure music)?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 2 Jun 2014, 06:54 pm »
Any additional information on the purpose built server?  Was it Win7/Win2012/Mac/Linux and which app was controlling content (jriver/amarra/pure music)?
Probably similar to his personal system.

Digital Source
C.A.P's "Zuma" like based PC server running Windows Server 2012/Audiophile Optimizer/JRiver/JPlay (Single PC setup). Separate linear power supplies/battery for motherboard, PPA USB Card, and SSD

Berto

« Reply #12 on: 3 Jun 2014, 12:01 am »
It was great to meet Fred and Rob, great guys. The room was sounding very nice. I thought it just a bit better today than on Saturday, just seemed to flow better. I noticed today was USB from the computer and yesterday was S/PDIF from a transport, perhaps the USB input is just a wee bit smoother, at least for my tastes. Thanks again for the hospitality guys.

Mike thanx for the compliment that is high praise from a seasoned audiophile. Was a pleasure meeting you, Russtafarian, Shawrbos, Guf,  and the rest of the LA, Orange county and San Diego audio societies, etc, etc.

Also thank our partners, Vinh of Gingko Audio, Jeff Wells of Well Audio and Dana of Dana Cable. All top notch pros who worked hard!

My head is still spinning after my red eye flight back to NY, but really well worth it.  The relationships of this business & hobby is really what makes it that much more awesome :thumb:

guf

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jun 2014, 01:59 am »

My head is still spinning after my red eye flight back to NY, but really well worth it.  The relationships of this business & hobby is really what makes it that much more awesome :thumb:

REDEYE?!  that what we call eastcoast hardcore right there. well done. glad you could make it.