Introductions?

guf

Introductions?
« on: 10 May 2014, 07:29 pm »
Guf here San francisco

L4G4 since november and just upgraded to a Big 7 with DSD 2 days ago.

Dc10 audio Berlin speakers
Shindo Aurieges  preamp
Firstwatt Sit2 amp
mac mini
daves'cables d3 and A23 ic's

Could not be happier. Really impressed with both my Lampizator DACs.  Fred and Rob you guys have been great at responding to emails and questions.  You have been a pleasure to deal with. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2014, 12:10 am by guf »

Early B.

Re: Introductions?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2014, 09:29 pm »
Guf here San francisco

L4G4 since november and just upgraded to a Big 7 with DSD 2 days ago.

Could not be happier. Really impressed with both my Lampizator DACs.  Fred and Rob you guys have been great at responding to emails and questions.  You have been a pleasure to deal with. Keep up the good work.

Please include a list of your other gear in your introductions. It's helpful for others to know what you guys are using to accompany your Lampizator gear. Thanks.

fridays

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2014, 09:33 pm »
What made you decide on 7 vs the 6

guf

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2014, 12:13 am »

What made you decide on 7 vs the 6

not sure.....I really wanted the 8 but i couldn't wait for it! I think if i got the 6 i'd be wondering what the Big 7 sounds like. I just went for it.
so happy.

setamp

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2014, 04:30 pm »
Chuck from Pittsburgh

Bryston BDP-1
Lampizator L4G4
Eddie Current Balancing Act (300b)
Audeze LCD3 Headphones
Pi Uberbuss

I have been experimenting with power cords in my system.  Found that a HiDiamon P4 works well with my Balancing Act while an Eichmann eXpress works best with my BDP-1.
Has anyone found a power cord that has synergy with the Lampi?

wisnon

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2014, 05:26 pm »
I am in Europe, but I use the Lampi Python power cable (not made anymore) and the Swiss cables PC. I really like both and in the future, I will try the Job Sweetcord.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2014, 06:30 pm by wisnon »

jriggy

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2014, 11:54 pm »
Great introduction thread guys! Great meeting both of you at AXPONA too... Next time we coincide better!  :thumb:

Wonder how long till I feel the need to upgrade from my L4G4!  :nono:

best of luck to you guys!

Chuck from Pittsburgh

Bryston BDP-1
Lampizator L4G4
Eddie Current Balancing Act (300b)
Audeze LCD3 Headphones
Pi Uberbuss

I have been experimenting with power cords in my system.  Found that a HiDiamon P4 works well with my Balancing Act while an Eichmann eXpress works best with my BDP-1.
Has anyone found a power cord that has synergy with the Lampi?

You should start the first thread dedicated to a Lampi DAC!

fridays

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2014, 01:00 am »
Guf
Are you serious about a Lampi 8 ?

Gopher

« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2014, 04:11 am »
No! He's kidding :)

Guf
Are you serious about a Lampi 8 ?

Seatrope

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2014, 10:55 am »
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as well. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a Big 7 DAC which I've been working on with Fred (Gopher). My main musical interests are classical, opera and jazz, especially in DSD where available - I've been a fan of DSD since Sony introduced the first SACD player in 2000 (I still have the Sony SCD-777ES).

The Level 7 will be run directly into a pair of Art Audio Jota monoblocks (300BXLS/VV32) into Avantgarde Uno hornspeakers. Server is currently Win7 but pending upgrade to Windows Server 2012 R2 with AO.

I'm located in NYC if anyone is close by!

Gopher

« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2014, 04:49 pm »
You're going to love that 7.  Can't wait to get it to you as soon as new screens come in so I can hear your feedback.  I think you'll be quite pleased. 

shadowlight

« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2014, 11:32 pm »
DAC: Lampizator 4.5 with DSD (6SN7 and ECC82 tubes, not exactly sure which rectifier tube I have)
Source: Lenove ThinkCenter M92 Small Form Factor running eval version of Windows Server 2012R2, with JRiver MC19
Preamp: Dodd Unity Gain 6h30 battery power
Amp: Triode Lab 2a3 Classic Mk2
Speakers: Zu Audio Druid V