Nice "Shout Out" by Steve on the Decware forum....

seikosha

Nice "Shout Out" by Steve on the Decware forum....
« on: 25 Nov 2016, 01:41 pm »
Looks like Steve will officially be promoting Omega over on the Decware forum.  Here's a quote from a post he just put up:

Just a note to say that we are now auditioning what is likely to be a very popular new speaker on the decware website.

This new speaker is the genius of Omega Loudspeakers and is faster than even the most aggregate horn speakers... this is because it uses two of the worlds best four inch drivers with dynamic accelerations that even my direct coupled full range electrostatic speakers can't compete with.

Over the Christmas holidays we will be doing many in depth evaluations of these speakers as we try to wrap our heads around what they do, so that we can write a web page that accurately describes them for you.  I can already say, however, that I don't have a speaker with higher dynamic acceleration than these, and in fact I can safely say that even the majority of the main stream audiophiles have never heard anything anywhere near this speed even in systems exceeding $100 grand.

Even though the speakers will no doubt cost more than the amplifier due to their difference in size, the final paring will demonstrate rather clearly what the Omega / Decware synergy is all about.  Every speaker Omega makes sound great with Decware amplifiers, but these new speakers push the envelope in the same way the UFO output transformers pushed the envelope for the amplifiers ~ and the combination of the two is sure to set a new benchmark.

Keep your eye on the speaker section of the web site.

Jazzaudio

Re: Nice "Shout Out" by Steve on the Decware forum....
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2016, 02:42 pm »
I just saw that also!   "It uses two of the worlds best four inch drivers"......an Outlaw model?

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2016, 07:01 pm »
Very cool! I think he's talking about the 1.5 way RS5 based speakers.  :thumb:

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2016, 09:04 pm »
That's exactly what he has to be talking about! I am in discussions right now with Louis about building me a dual RS5 speaker. Already have the Omega Supercharged 3XRS and am floored by them not just want to step up to yhe dual driver and really let that Decware amp shine with that 4ohm load!

roscoe65

« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2016, 09:44 pm »
The Zen Triode amp is $1,295, and Steve said the speakers will cost more than his amp due to difference in size, we can can reasonably conclude that they are likely either a 1.5 way RS5 or RS5 Omi (similar to Mick Wolfe's).  I think either is just as likely, as Louis is very pleased with the new 1.5 monitor and Steve has an omni model currently in his lineup.  Of course, that doesn't rule out a special collaboration model just for Decware.

On a related note, a 1.5 way RS5 seems to address a number of weaknesses of a single RS5:  limited power handling, high but not very high efficiency, and limited midbass output.  It would not surprise me to see the RS7 driver disappear from the lineup.  Dual RS5's seem to fill the RS7 mission with fewer compromises.

OzarkTom

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jan 2017, 07:26 pm »
Up On Steve's forum today.

We're getting closer!  $2295.00 a pair as shown, which is a hi-end laminate called "Dark Cherry" and is an Omega Level One finish.  Level Two I believe will be real wood veneer for $2495.00 a pair.  Options will be clearly listed on the web page that is nearing completion.

Myself I like this (level one) finish.  Far more durable and scratch resistant than real wood veneers.

Happy New Year!

Steve

finsup

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jan 2017, 09:14 pm »
I need to travel to Chicago sometime this year.  I am inclined to do so at the time of Axpona.  I've wanted to attend Decware Zen Fest too.  Does Steve audition speakers at times other than Zen Fest?  I would like to hear these.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2017, 09:19 pm »
Does Steve audition speakers at times other than Zen Fest?

Yes, set it up before you visit.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2017, 12:11 am »
Up On Steve's forum today.

We're getting closer!  $2295.00 a pair as shown, which is a hi-end laminate called "Dark Cherry" and is an Omega Level One finish.  Level Two I believe will be real wood veneer for $2495.00 a pair.  Options will be clearly listed on the web page that is nearing completion.

Myself I like this (level one) finish.  Far more durable and scratch resistant than real wood veneers.

Happy New Year!

Steve

The speaker in the picture is level 2 Cherry real wood veneer.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2017, 03:04 am »
And a fine looking one too!  Though, to me, grills covering Louis' drivers just doesn't seem right to me any more.  That's where the heart is!  :thumb:

roscoe65

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jan 2017, 03:51 am »
I like the way they look in a conventional way.  I've confessed my affection for the appearance of the wider baffle of the XRS in another post, but I can appreciate how a narrow tower makes placement easier.  My SO also likes the narrow models from KEF and Def Tech in the local shop but ironically tolerates my Altec 614 cabinets with naked 32A horns in the living room.

On an unrelated note, I think that 1.5 models, especially conventional-appearing floorstanders, are an important product for Louis.  The margins on handmade,  single-driver speakers selling for $695 have to be razor-thin.  I believe being able to sell a model with higher perceived value (better bass, more dynamics, more power handling, greater number of components) is essential to the company's continued viability.  At the same time, many of us have  explored methods of improving bass performance, typically turning to active bass reinforcement.  The helper driver fleshing out the upper bass region and below can obviate this need in many cases.

radarnyc

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jan 2017, 02:24 pm »
Nice looking speaker; yep. Kind of wondering:

1. Why this post exists on Omega's forum --- pointing people to Decware's offering?
2. Why not just purchase the 1.5s from Louis? i.e. how does Decware's cabinet design or build quality differ from Louis's?

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #12 on: 3 Jan 2017, 02:49 pm »
I would suspect collaboration and mutual admiration from both companies.
Just sayin'

roscoe65

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jan 2017, 02:57 pm »
Nice looking speaker; yep. Kind of wondering:

1. Why this post exists on Omega's forum --- pointing people to Decware's offering?
2. Why not just purchase the 1.5s from Louis? i.e. how does Decware's cabinet design or build quality differ from Louis's?

This is a 100% Omega speaker that is marketed/designed with Decware.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 3 Jan 2017, 04:38 pm »
This is a 100% Omega speaker designed and built by Louis.  It's design is not a Decware/Omega collaboration.  When Louis plans to put them (along with the monitor version which he has already built and tested) on his website, I have no idea.

As far as I know, Louis and Steve do plan to work together.  In what capacity, I don't know.  We can post guesses until we're blue in the face, but we'll never know the exact details until Louis and Steve publish them.
« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2017, 06:47 pm by Canada Rob »

mrvco

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jan 2017, 05:21 pm »
And a fine looking one too!  Though, to me, grills covering Louis' drivers just doesn't seem right to me any more.  That's where the heart is!  :thumb:

Wait, I thought Omega grills were just for shipping and storage  :P  Nice looking speakers, but I would like to see them nekkid.

OzarkTom

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2017, 02:40 am »
Decware website now up and running. :thumb:

http://www.decware.com/newsite/Omega1.html

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #17 on: 19 Jan 2017, 09:30 pm »
Second that!  :thumb: