what? no Omega speakers????

guillaume bougard

Re: what? no Omega speakers????
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2016, 11:01 am »
I found some answers by going through their website

http://spiritland.com/news/album-of-the-day/

I don't know how they can make money by investing so much money in their sound system... But great idea nonetheless.

mrvco

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2016, 09:14 pm »
The journo doesn't really say anything about how enjoyable each system is or isn't to listen to, but he certainly assigns a dollar value wherever possible.  It's an interesting idea, but hopefully these venues are promoting themselves based on the music (and overall experience w/ people, food and drink) and not because someone spent more than the average bear on a stereo system.  This would be a great format for a club in Denver if they can get the 'designated areas for consumption' initiative passed next week.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2016, 10:45 pm by mrvco »

syzygy

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2016, 09:55 pm »
I would love to hear them, at any rate.

charmerci

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2016, 10:53 pm »
Great! It's located near the St. Pancras train station. I'll most likely be there in Jan. I'll definitely pop in for a listen if I'm there.

Bemopti123

« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2016, 12:04 am »
Awesome news.  Hopefully things such as this hop the ocean to the US.  Most bars/cafes have second rate garbage stereos playing garbage tunes.   :thumb:

guillaume bougard

« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov 2016, 11:56 am »
I remember being in one of those in Tokyo 5 years ago. I was impressed by the setup, but the whole experience kinda bothered me: having to sit still, not making any noise, being mindful of strangers around me, etc... and the music wasn't my kind of sh&t.

I don't know, but something is too snobby for me in these...

But I'm lusting for their equipment!