Omega OutLaw Super 7XRS

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Omega OutLaw Super 7XRS
« on: 2 Oct 2014, 05:27 pm »
Here is the much anticipated OutLaw Super 7XRS.

See link: http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com/omegaoutlawsupe2.html

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Omega OutLaw Super 7XRS
« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2014, 05:37 pm »
That's gorgeous,  congratulations! I bet it sounds amazing too.

milford3

« Reply #2 on: 2 Oct 2014, 05:59 pm »
Wow!  Are those beauties available in level 3 finish?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 2 Oct 2014, 06:58 pm »
Wow!  Are those beauties available in level 3 finish?
Hi milford3,
They are available in any finish.

RDavidson

« Reply #4 on: 2 Oct 2014, 09:09 pm »
My apologies if this has been explained elsewhere, but why aren't the Outlaw prices posted online (at least for level 1 finish with the understanding that level 2 and 3 is more $)? It'd sure be helpful.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #5 on: 2 Oct 2014, 10:27 pm »
From the Omega speaker store:

"The Omega Speaker store is where you can buy Omega speakers that are ready to ship, no 3-4 week wait for construction and delivery.
The store is divided into two categories:
1) Built production speakers etc, "B" stock where there may be some cosmetic damage, and older discontinued models that never where sold.
2) Outlaw: Unique "one offs" and experiments from the fertile genius of Louis Chochos which include 1.5 way speakers, active sub speakers, open back speakers, but no 2 way speaker, or speakers that use a crossover. All are based on pure single driver design.

All are packed and ready to ship. FULL 10 YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL.

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE."

So each one is priced according to the build.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2014, 10:59 pm »
My apologies if this has been explained elsewhere, but why aren't the Outlaw prices posted online (at least for level 1 finish with the understanding that level 2 and 3 is more $)? It'd sure be helpful.
Click the accompanying link and you are at the page with the price, at least with unsold product.  The reason there is no price on the OutLaws marked "sold" is because they are not a production item and may or may not be ever repeated. 

smccull

« Reply #7 on: 6 Oct 2014, 05:41 pm »
Wow! These look like EXACTLY what I am looking for. Omega single ended purity (with Alnico) and dual subs built in. I'll be very curious to hear reports from those lucky enough to have heard these already.   :green:

RDavidson

« Reply #8 on: 6 Oct 2014, 06:51 pm »
Click the accompanying link and you are at the page with the price, at least with unsold product.  The reason there is no price on the OutLaws marked "sold" is because they are not a production item and may or may not be ever repeated.

OK. I thought this was the case. Are they available as a "special order?" The idea of these being complete one-offs is sort of confusing to me, since they aren't made of parts not normally available. Know what I mean? But I do understand if Louis doesn't want to produce these regularly and if each design is just done for the art/fun of it. :thumb:

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 6 Oct 2014, 07:07 pm »
OK. I thought this was the case. Are they available as a "special order?" The idea of these being complete one-offs is sort of confusing to me, since they aren't made of parts not normally available. Know what I mean? But I do understand if Louis doesn't want to produce these regularly and if each design is just done for the art/fun of it. :thumb:
Any of the OutLaw or 1.5 way can be special ordered. 

Omega essentially has two divisions:
1) Stock speakers and subs on the main portion of the website.
2) The Omega Speaker Store where: stock speakers, "B" stock, and OutLaw are offered ready to ship.

RDavidson

« Reply #10 on: 6 Oct 2014, 07:24 pm »
Any of the OutLaw or 1.5 way can be special ordered. 

Omega essentially has two divisions:
1) Stock speakers and subs on the main portion of the website.
2) The Omega Speaker Store where: stock speakers, "B" stock, and OutLaw are offered ready to ship.

That clears things up. Perhaps it'd be useful to note "Special Order - Please Contact for pricing" or something like that in the Outlaw section, so people understand that Outlaws can be ordered though they won't normally be in stock or found in the ready to ship section.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 6 Oct 2014, 10:00 pm »
That clears things up. Perhaps it'd be useful to note "Special Order - Please Contact for pricing" or something like that in the Outlaw section, so people understand that Outlaws can be ordered though they won't normally be in stock or found in the ready to ship section.
What you suggest is a good idea and I will talk to Louis about it.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #12 on: 7 Nov 2016, 07:23 pm »
Hello

bumping this topic. I don't know how I missed this one for two years. Been drooling for about 30 minutes with those photographs.

Anyway: who is the lucky fellow who bought these monsters?

What type of music do you play and what are the impressions?

Please be detailed, NOT concise (!), show pics, videos,

Does it blow competition out of the water, what are the pluses and possible minuses?

I have had a wonderful pair of 7XRS for about 2 years now so how would the outlaws compare to mine?

thank you in advance