Ellis 1801-TL impressions

tcmo

Ellis 1801-TL impressions
« on: 28 Mar 2015, 02:51 pm »
I received a pair of the above speakers yesterday.  After listening for a few hours I am very impressed with their sound-accurate, clean and open.  They are also the best looking speakers (std. cherry) my wife and I have seen.  The woodwork is impeccable-the veneer on the baffles of the speakers are mirror imaged and the grain is matched on all speaker sides.  Absolutely beautiful.  The packing was also first rate.  Salk Sound made the transaction easy and the service was personal and professional.  Highly recommended.

PSB Guy

Re: Ellis 1801-TL impressions
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2015, 05:19 pm »
Congratulations on joining the Salk family. I would love to see pictures of your new speakers,  I've never seen the Ellis 1801-TL's with full front veneered baffles.

Cornelis

billmcc

Re: Ellis 1801-TL impressions
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2015, 09:46 pm »
I received a pair of the above speakers yesterday.  After listening for a few hours I am very impressed with their sound-accurate, clean and open.  They are also the best looking speakers (std. cherry) my wife and I have seen.  The woodwork is impeccable-the veneer on the baffles of the speakers are mirror imaged and the grain is matched on all speaker sides.  Absolutely beautiful.  The packing was also first rate.  Salk Sound made the transaction easy and the service was personal and professional.  Highly recommended.

I just received a pair of 1801-TLs that I bought from a fellow AC member and I totally agree with your thoughts. I'd like to see pictures of the speakers as well. Jim Salk is real pleasure to deal with.

Bill