5 band auto EQ

sparky

5 band auto EQ
« on: 19 Sep 2004, 06:10 pm »
Any new info on this?Is it still planned?

Mike Dzurko

Re: 5 band auto EQ
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2004, 01:43 pm »
Quote from: sparky
Any new info on this?Is it still planned?

Initially we were planning on making a stand alone version of our AWS electronics. Then Mark Shifter mentioned to me that they were developing a software controlled EQ system. At that time, it was scheduled for release around 1/1/04. It has taken longer to develop than they originally planned, but they are doing everything really right on this unit so we're still patiently waiting. Sounds like they are getting very close to release. It is called R-DES

Here are some of the know facts: It is a four band unit with an adjustable high pass (subsonic filter).  There is a small hardware module with analog in and out, this is meant to be placed in-line with the sub. After making your measurements, you go into the Windows software and use the filters to correct the curve. You can make an infinite number of filter settings and save them on your hard drive. You can download 4 different settings to the hardware box. You can easily switch between these four settings without needing the computer. For example, you might have one setting that optimizes response at your "sweet spot". Then you might have another setting that avgs the response throughout the room for when you have a group of people. Maybe separate settings for music and HT.

I believe that initial pricing will be $395 for R-DES with possible discounts for people who own ACI speakers or are ordering with ACI speakers. There will also be an optional package of measurement software and a microphone but I don't know what pricing will be on that.

Frankly, I think this will be an accessory that will be a huge benefit for just about every audiophile and movie lover.

Thanks for asking!

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
5 band auto EQ
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2004, 04:45 pm »
Nice to hear you'll be dealing Mark's unit.

My receiver gets a 3 filter upgrade later in the year, so I'll be torn between the 2 units. I've expressed to Mark that it could be his iPod, unless more receivers update with multi filters on board. The software and future auto cal feature could out pace the others if they move quick with the update.

E

Harry P

5 band auto EQ
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2004, 02:47 pm »
Oh great, one more thing to save up for! on wall Emeralds, Maestro, EQ, what else!

Mike Dzurko

5 band auto EQ
« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2004, 11:52 am »
I spoke with Mark Shifter last evening and R-Des is getting close. We will soon post information about special pre-order opportunities for ACI owners. Stay tuned!

Harry P

5 band auto EQ
« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2004, 04:19 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
I spoke with Mark Shifter last evening and R-Des is getting close. We will soon post information about special pre-order opportunities for ACI owners. Stay tuned!

Mike  I'm ordering a Maestro, any advantage to waiting?Will there be any special package deal with this EQ?

Mike Dzurko

5 band auto EQ
« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2004, 05:31 pm »
Quote from: Harry P
Quote from: Mike Dzurko

Mike  I'm ordering a Maestro, any advantage to waiting?Will there be any special package deal with this EQ?

Harry:

Actually the best price on a Maestro is right now. As far as R-DES, there will be a discount for those ordering with an ACI sub AND for those who already own ACI subs. I'm not sure of pricing details or exact delivery date expectations although Mark said we are getting REAL close. I think I'm going to start a separate R-DES thread just to keep it all clear and make sure people get the right info.

Craig Chase

This could be Good news...
« Reply #7 on: 5 Oct 2004, 01:34 am »
Or it could be bad news... depending on your point of view... :wink:

I am on the Beta test list for R-Des, and will be using it with the Maestro pair... You guys may be stuck with me longer than you thought...

Harry P

5 band auto EQ
« Reply #8 on: 9 Oct 2004, 01:58 am »
There will certainly be more on R-des very soon. I'm glad Craig is getting one soon as he's one of those guys who'll know what to do with it and share that info :)

Mike Dzurko

5 band auto EQ
« Reply #9 on: 9 Oct 2004, 01:21 pm »
Quote from: Harry P
There will certainly be more on R-des very soon. I'm glad Craig is getting one soon as he's one of those guys who'll know what to do with it and share that info :)

Harry:

I couldn't agree more. Craig will be thorough and he'll explain the process to people in words that make sense. I look forward to his writings on R-Des.

I will be starting a separate thread on R-Des sometime today just to keep things straight. This is very important technology!