Happy New Year to all! Looking forward to 2018!

Vinnie R.

Happy New Year to all! Looking forward to 2018!
« on: 30 Dec 2017, 03:54 am »
Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year filled with lots of listening enjoyment!

2017 was an excellent year filled with many audio shows, new LIO customers, new modules, upgrades… and plenty of R&D towards new things to come in 2018.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to keep quiet with regards to posting about new projects and products that are in the works.  :shh:  Sometimes things just don’t go as planned and I do not wish to disappoint my customers (LIO AMP 2.0 above is a perfect example of this). 

So while I am not ready to go into details at this time, I will say that I have been putting in substantial hours for the last few months on new things to come in 2018.  I hope to have a lot more to say about Spring 2018.  Between now and then, there is a still a ton of work to be done and many late nights of work ahead, but I'm very excited about it! :hyper:

Heading into January:

- We're catching up with new LIO builds and upgrades as quickly as we can.  Current lead-time on new LIO orders is approx. 3 – 4 weeks.
Most modules have a shorter lead-time. 

- A new batch of DAC 2.0 modules are currently being built and tested.  No more wait time on them!  Currently, LIO DAC 2.0
and LIO DHT PRE are my most popular selling LIO options / upgrades (for good reason - they are sublime together!) so I am trying to keep their lead-times under control.

- The new Cinemag moving coil step-up transformers for the LIO Phonostage are in stock and that is what we'll be using
going forward. While I don't want to call it a LIO PHONOSTAGE 2.0, they are a very nice upgrade for MC catridge users.
I guess we can unofficially call LIO Phonostage with Cinemag SUT's a "Phonostage 1.5."

- The VR MINI and VR120 are both currently out of stock and might be for a while.  Currently, I am working on new LIO builds as well as taking on new Vinnie Rossi projects, so I need to trim down on some offerings to keep moving along without lead-times becoming too long.

- I will be posting a new thread soon enough about some of the audio shows that I aim to exhibit at in the new year.

Thank you for visiting the Vinnie Rossi forum and participating with your questions, ideas, feedback and experiences, support, and keeping this site a friendly place for newcomers and long-time members alike. :thumb:

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2017, 04:43 pm by Vinnie R. »

matthewpartrick

• thecluelessaudiophile.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
Re: Happy New Year to all! Looking forward to 2018!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2017, 05:27 am »
congrats on a stunning year!

Might i drop a hint for an iPhone\android app, the development of which you could farm out to your buddy that did the software work for life dc forever?

Food for thoufht!

Vinnie R.

Re: Happy New Year to all! Looking forward to 2018!
« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2018, 05:54 pm »
All,

Over the last few weeks, I received a handful of emails from customers with questions regarding:

1) Upgrading their LIO Phonostage with the new Cinemag step-up transformers.  Yes, I am offering this upgrade - here is the scoop:

- Cost = $650 + return shipping.
- Lead-time:  Once I receive your Phonostage, I'll just need a few days to have it upgraded.
- I have a direct link where you can order:
http://www.vinnierossi.com/store/#!/LIO-PHONOSTAGE-UPGRADE-TO-CINEMAG-TRANSFORMERS/p/87891501/category=0

And 'yes,' a LIO Phonostage 2.0 is in the works (a completely different, flagship design), but even if you upgrade your
LIO Phonostage with Cinemag's now, you will still receive 100% trade-in credit of your Phonostage 1.0 and the Cinemag
upgrade.

2)
Quote from:  "Vinnie R."
...I have been putting in substantial hours for the last few months on new things to come in 2018.  I hope to have a lot more to say about Spring 2018.  Between now and then, there is a still a ton of work to be done and many late nights of work ahead, but I'm very excited about it! :hyper:

My goal to make an announcement about this in April (around AXPONA time).

3) LIO new-order lead-time:

It's at approx. 3 weeks, but I am currently out of stock of black front and side panels.  I won't have them for another 5 - 6 weeks.

I'm fine with shipping earlier with a silver panels and then can send the black ones when they are back in stock so you can do the swap if you don't want to wait for your LIO.  Please email me directly if you have questions about this.

Thank you,

Vinnie