Advice - how should I feed my new (to me) LIO?

Will2

Advice - how should I feed my new (to me) LIO?
« on: 23 Nov 2017, 04:57 pm »
Hi!  I'm really excited to have a new (to me) LIO on its way.  I don't have a big music library so all of my listening is done via streaming service.  Ideally I would stream over wireless, but I am open to a USB or optical connection (I'm an Apple guy). 

I see the Sonore is popular, but even there I'm not clear on which unit to go with.  Sonore Black Friday deals seem to be on the way so any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks - Will

zybar

Re: Advice - how should I feed my new (to me) LIO?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2017, 05:15 pm »
Hi!  I'm really excited to have a new (to me) LIO on its way.  I don't have a big music library so all of my listening is done via streaming service.  Ideally I would stream over wireless, but I am open to a USB or optical connection (I'm an Apple guy). 

I see the Sonore is popular, but even there I'm not clear on which unit to go with.  Sonore Black Friday deals seem to be on the way so any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks - Will

Will,

Grab an Ultrarendu and power it with Vinnie's PS.

It will sound fantastic!

George

Will2

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2017, 05:24 pm »
Thanks George.  It's good to hear from you.  One clarification, am I right in assuming that the "power it with Vinnie's PS." is a function which is already built into the LIO (as opposed to an external PS)?  What makes me wonder is looking at this ....https://www.audiogon.com/listings/media-servers-sonore-microrendu-vinnie-rossi-mini-pure-dc-4evr-curious-cable-usb-bybee-2017-11-03-computer-audio-1ffccad2-bb4e-4397-9d0e-362744a05626

zybar

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2017, 05:35 pm »
Thanks George.  It's good to hear from you.  One clarification, am I right in assuming that the "power it with Vinnie's PS." is a function which is already built into the LIO (as opposed to an external PS)?  What makes me wonder is looking at this ....https://www.audiogon.com/listings/media-servers-sonore-microrendu-vinnie-rossi-mini-pure-dc-4evr-curious-cable-usb-bybee-2017-11-03-computer-audio-1ffccad2-bb4e-4397-9d0e-362744a05626

Will,

Depends on the LIO you have coming to you.

Before Vinnie launched his PS, he had an option to power the MicroRendu directly from the LIO via an umbilical cord.  This is how my LIO is configured.

I am not sure if he still offers this option.

George