Windows 10 Version 1703 problem with USB 2.0 driver

rustydoglim

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4021854/windows-10-doesn-t-install-specific-drivers-for-usb-audio-devices-on-t

This issue occurs because the USB audio 2.0 driver (usbaudio2.sys) isn't classified as a generic driver in Windows 10 Version 1703. Therefore, the system assumes that a compatible, non generic driver is installed for the device even though the driver is actually generic.
This issue also causes Windows 10 Version 1703 to postpone the search for other compatible drivers through Windows Update that typically occurs immediately after you install a new device.

-> Uninstall NuPrime USB driver, upgrade to Windows 10 v.1703, and then reinstall NuPrime USB driver.

yotzee

Re: Windows 10 Version 1703 problem with USB 2.0 driver
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2017, 09:08 pm »
I already encounterd with Driver Problems because of the same problem.
I have tha DAC-9 in use. Until today evening i was very happy with it.
After the Windows 10 update 1709 my dac went unknown. --> Useless with PC

Intersting thing: I told my friend a weak before how good it is he bought uDSD. I spent 3 Hours yesterday to install the Driver vor him. Today he called me he is not able to use it becouse of Driver issues.

I would wait someting more that your suggestion of endles Reinstall of a Driver.
Please give me Advice to get things right.

Jozsef form Hungary
(Advanced user an PC enthusiast)

JackD

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2017, 11:56 pm »
In Device Manager delete USB Drivers then restart and let drivers re-install. The upgrade deactivated my USB ports and the delete and re-install solved the problem.

yotzee

« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2017, 08:10 am »
Hi JackD

I have tried 3 times but nothing happen. I do not understand how this could be.
In my case I had the Windows update 1709 a day before done as my DAC-9 went unknow because of driver issues. So I already used a lot with build 1703 and 3 days with 1709
My friend´s uDSD was unkown form the first plug to USB until we let the build update from 1703 to 1709. after the update magicly his uDSD runed. that was on 06.11.2017

Yesterday (07.11.2017)
he wanted to listen his uDSD. He pluged into USB and it was unknown (Driver unaccepted) no restart helped.
An hour later I listened my DAC-9 my PC was restarted and after restart it was unknown (Driver unaccepted) no restart, no reinstall helped. i tried as i written up there 3 times.
 - First time restart PC
 - Secund time Device Manager delete USB device - restart DAC. The driver come back with failure (Driver unaccepted)
   Than            Device Manager delete USB Driver. Reinstall Driver 7.10 - restart DAC. The driver come back with failure (Driver unaccepted)
 - Third time Device Manager delete USB device. Uninstalled USB Driver from Program Files ... Nuprime folder with uninstall.exe
   Pc restart Reinstall Driver 7.10 - restart DAC. The driver come back with failure (Driver unaccepted)

I went through everything that I know. The DAC works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S5 Phone on OTG for example.
My Friend want to send back his uDSD to the dialer becaus of this issue, he do not want to figure with drivers always when windows update will run in the future.
What Should I/we do?
Please give real advice to get this driver thing mendid.

Jozsef from Hungary
(Advanced user and PC enthusiast)

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2017, 04:12 pm »
This is a Windows problem with USB 2.0 driver , not simply due to NuPrime driver.  So the next Windows update should fix this.
For the time being, you just have to uninstall the driver, update windows, then install the driver again.
It is a mess caused by Microsoft and lots of people are complaining online:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-update-usb-20-ports-not-working/2ad1b08c-f9a9-44ca-81b5-42c4fe5fcb6a?auth=1

So I can only suggest that you search for all things related to Windows update problem with USB 2.0 driver and some of the suggestions might work for you.

We did confirm the problem but it was as simple as uninstall driver, restart, update windows, install driver again. Perhaps you should uninstall all your USB 2.0 driver. Is there anything else in your system ?

yotzee

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2017, 09:56 am »
Hi Rustydoglim

I tried it after your advices. Not better. It is not working.
Are going to give out new driver version to resolve suche things?
Are you know anyone how can or could figure out where this failure with the Driver is?

maty

« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2017, 10:10 am »
About Windows 10 1703 compilation I wrote some days ago and the quality sound in Diyaudio forums.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/314218-test-ears-abx-test-post5232062.html

By the way, a week before the fire I updated my W10 Pro 1511 compilation to the last, Creators... 1703 I think. The sound was much worse!!! I reinstalled the 1511 copy.

W10 Pro 1511 has better sound than Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya. And LM has better sound than W10 Pro 1703 (and yes, optimized to play multimedia like 1511).

With my loved and cheap tweaked ODAC (USB DAC).

Off course, ODAC is only up 24/96 -> default USB Audio Class 1.

After many attempts I was unable to improve the sound and I went back to 1511 compilation.

Francation

« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2017, 06:35 pm »
Latest stable build of Win 10 seems to be 1709 (Fall Creators Update). If you are on 1703 I suggest forcing the update via this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (click on Update Now).

rustydoglim

« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2017, 06:43 pm »
This is not a NuPrime driver problem, so there isn't anything we can fix.
As suggested, there is a newer Windows now. Update to this new version and hopefully Microsoft has fixed the problem. Please share what you have found here.

maty

« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2017, 07:16 pm »
Latest stable build of Win 10 seems to be 1709 (Fall Creators Update). If you are on 1703 I suggest forcing the update via this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (click on Update Now).

It was the 1709, the last. It was very frustrating because of the loss of time and energy.

yotzee

« Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2017, 07:43 pm »
Hi. I already heve the Windows updated update to 1709. Than driver after 1 or 2 day of use and a restart not working anymore. I am very sad. THX your advice rustydoglim, but i am not able to listen music on DAC i need to hang on cd quality. :(