new LIO

guf

new LIO
« on: 9 Jun 2017, 05:07 am »
I have a lot of great things to say after a only few hours..... but first, it is by far the nicest remote I have ever held. I don't even like remotes. Its hard to put down. 
« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2017, 03:53 pm by guf »

TomS

Re: new LIO
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2017, 12:52 pm »
I have a lot of great things to say after a only few hours..... but first, it is the by far nicest remote I have ever held. I don't even like remotes. Its hard to put down.
Yes, thank you very much John Chapman  :thumb:

guf

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2017, 03:26 pm »
Yes I love the remote still... But wow this thing sounds really really great.  I went 3 years with only minor adjustments in my system. Then the past 3 months I changed almost everything, upgraded DAC, different speakers, new ICs, Added sub to my 2 channel. Now I'm a bit overwhelmed with too many changes at one time to really see where the improvements are happening. The one thing I am 100% sure of is the the LIO DHT as a pre, with the pX4 KR tubes, is the best pre I've had in my system. I had another DHT pre, and a Shindo. The LIO makes everything else better. I think if I added the pre earlier I probably would not of needed to change everything else. I have used it as an integrated amp and was happy with the results but for now I think its sounds better with my First Watt Sit2 powering the speakers.  Plus it gives me a opportunity to use my expensive new IC cables.  :)

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2017, 03:50 pm »
Hi guf,

Welcome to the VR forum, and thank you for posting your experiences so far with your LIO DHT PRE!

The one thing I am 100% sure of is the the LIO as a pre, with the pX4 KR tubes, is the best pre I've had in my system. I had another DHT pre, and a Shindo. The LIO makes everything else better.

I have customers who've owned very expensive preamps who have told me that LIO DHT PRE is the best they have used in their system, and they will not take it out!  With the KR PX4 tubes, it certainly becomes highly addictive!  :singing:   I'm glad you are finding this out in your system as well!

Out of all my designs to date, LIO DHT PRE is up there with my favorite. 

I have a lot of great things to say after a only few hours..... but first, it is the by far nicest remote I have ever held. I don't even like remotes. Its hard to put down.

Yes, thank you very much John Chapman  :thumb:

Hi TomS,

Yes - John's remote design is awesome (as is everything he has worked on).  Those who hold it at the shows all comment
on how they love its size, feel, and weight.  Some even mention how it can be used as a weapon  :o  :lol:

Regarding the remote, I only take credit for the added labeling and logo on it!  :green:

Vinnie

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2017, 05:53 pm »

Regarding the remote, I only take credit for the added labeling and logo on it!  :green:

Vinnie
And the good sense to include it as part of the LIO experience, classy it is  :green: