Power Conditioning

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Power Conditioning
« on: 4 Mar 2017, 04:43 pm »
I recently purchased Nordost power conditioning eqpt: the QB8 distributor and the QX4 power purifier.  Having read many positive reviews I took the plunge and even though our power seems to be pretty clean to start with it does seem to expand the soundstage and the bass seems more taut.  Here are a couple of photos of these bad boys that now reside behind my eqpt rack.  I am using a couple of Pangea PCs that seem to do the trick....very stiff and unwieldy but well made.  That double duplex in the photo employs a couple of hospital grade Hubbell outlets which are feed via 12/2 w/grd...stranded with shield.  Pretty happy with the results..

SundayNiagara

Re: Power Conditioning
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2017, 08:39 pm »
I heard some of this Nordost gear demoed a few years ago. Pretty impressive.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2017, 09:29 pm »
Put that QX4 right on top of the amp.

Two years in a row I witnessed the demo and then I bought a bunch of Sort Kones after their demo under a QB8. Blew me away and I went right downstairs at Axpona and bought 9 of them.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2017, 04:53 pm »
Put that QX4 right on top of the amp.

Two years in a row I witnessed the demo and then I bought a bunch of Sort Kones after their demo under a QB8. Blew me away and I went right downstairs at Axpona and bought 9 of them.

..so you say putting these sort cones under the QB8 make an audible difference?  Are they threaded or does the QB8 just sit atop 4 of them?  Inquiring minds need to know..  :lol:

..ps...pls describe the difference after installing