Tangerine Dream Book

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Tangerine Dream Book
« on: 21 Jan 2017, 04:53 pm »
Iam glad to inform the long waited since 2014 TD biography will be finally released in English and German in 06JUN2017 at Edgar 72th birth day in posthumous homage to the TD founder.
https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/shop/products.php?p=c4fb33
Cant wait to read this gem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIuDwESKjZc

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Tangerine Dream Book
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2017, 02:17 am »
Thanks for the tip FRM. Should make for a most interesting read.  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2017, 07:39 am »
Cant believe it was delayed again:
FINAL RELEASE DATE: 29th SEPTEMBER 2017!!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2017, 09:51 pm »
WOW finally it was released, since 2014 waiting this book, I was become afraid.
https://www.edgarfroese.de/shop/products.php?p=fb2293
Cant wait to receive it, the original cover was very beautiful.

fredgarvin

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2017, 11:49 pm »
I have a few of their soundtracks and some records. They were everywhere in the 80's movies. I'll have to check this book out.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2017, 12:27 am »

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2017, 02:15 pm »
I hear you, brother; j'entend ton coeur. I experienced the same with a Zappa release (the younger kids have driven that name into disgusting territory, but I digress) that was teased via a trailer on the 'Baby Snakes' DVD. The wait proved to be greater than a decade, and I was seriously wondering if I would live to see it. Almost exactly two years ago, I finally had a copy of 'Roxy' - on bluray. It was well worth the wait. I hope you feel the same way about this book!

I had heard Tangerine Dream before, but 'Force Majeure' was the first TD album that I purchased. I lived in Germany when it was current. I rather enjoyed it. I should give it a spin. On the same trip to the record store, I also picked up something a bit older, but in a similar vein: Klaus Schulze - 'Timewind'.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2017, 04:06 pm »
Thanks Kevin, I also like Klaus Schulze.
I really like Tange music, until the Optical Race album in 1988 they were my favorite band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66IdO4dgJtU&list=PL4F78B3C4B2AF5D87
After this album they become a teenager pop band something that neither Genesis did, I look forward to read what explanation Edgar will offer in this book for this pitiful move.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 14 Nov 2017, 04:35 pm »
Was emailed the book was shipped last week :thumb:
Cant wait...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 4 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm »
Just received the book today, its a table book 24,5mm x 30,5mm 49 chapters 381 pages, add some cards and a bonus 3 tracks, 30 minutes CD with wonderful music in the style of old good Tange.
RIP Edgar Froese.