BDP-2 Digital Player

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1880 on: 29 Jun 2017, 05:21 pm »
You don't have to listen to the entire playlist each time.

So why bother building one, if it ultimately jams up the BDP?

mikemalter

• Have a nice cup of coffee
    • The Computer Mutt Blog a repository of divergent computer knowledge
« Reply #1881 on: 29 Jun 2017, 06:07 pm »
So why bother building one, if it ultimately jams up the BDP?

I have my playlist length set at 5000, and it never jams up the playlist.  I set play to random and then click on consume (to remove songs after they play).  I have so much music and I like to be surprised by what I have most of the time.  Sometimes there is stuff I want to listen to specifically, but most of the time I like it random.  However I think it's how you like it, right?

gbaby

« Reply #1882 on: 29 Jun 2017, 06:54 pm »
I have my playlist length set at 5000, and it never jams up the playlist.  I set play to random and then click on consume (to remove songs after they play).  I have so much music and I like to be surprised by what I have most of the time.  Sometimes there is stuff I want to listen to specifically, but most of the time I like it random.  However I think it's how you like it, right?

I tried to burn a CD based upon shuffle, and the mix was awful.  :(

gbaby

« Reply #1883 on: 29 Jun 2017, 06:56 pm »
^ That's putting it politely.   :green:

:lol:

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #1884 on: 29 Jun 2017, 06:59 pm »
I have my playlist length set at 5000, and it never jams up the playlist.   However I think it's how you like it, right?

oops my bad. I thought the jam was due to playlist issues?
Yes, that's right.  :thumb:

zoom25

« Reply #1885 on: 29 Jun 2017, 07:18 pm »
I too would like a longer playlist. I tried it on my BDP-1 earlier and  tried to play around with different firmware versions and could not get it to change from 300.

I usually put an album at a time in the playlist at a time. 95% of the time not more than 50 songs. However, I do have a few compilation playlists of 600 and 800+. If I try to load it in the BDP-1, it only loads the first 300 in a row. I have no option to further add. Secondly, if I wanted to add tracks #301-600 on the playlist, it'd have to be done manually by clicking each track. It'd be good to be able to just hit the shuffle button and then just click on a playlist and let it play...However, I suppose MPD isn't built that way?

The other option would be to split those playlists into folder chunks of 300.

Marius

« Reply #1886 on: 29 Jun 2017, 07:21 pm »
I too would like a longer playlist. I tried it on my BDP-1 earlier and  tried to play around with different firmware versions and could not get it to change from 300.

I usually put an album at a time in the playlist at a time. 95% of the time not more than 50 songs. However, I do have a few compilation playlists of 600 and 800+. If I try to load it in the BDP-1, it only loads the first 300 in a row. I have no option to further add. Secondly, if I wanted to add tracks #301-600 on the playlist, it'd have to be done manually by clicking each track. It'd be good to be able to just hit the shuffle button and then just click on a playlist and let it play...However, I suppose MPD isn't built that way?

The other option would be to split those playlists into folder chunks of 300.

Just to be sure: did you try and change these settings?

zoom25

« Reply #1887 on: 29 Jun 2017, 07:29 pm »
Just to be sure: did you try and change these settings?

Exactly that. I tried all the version numbers (0.19.21 and others) and the Maximum Playlist Length.

mikemalter

« Reply #1888 on: 29 Jun 2017, 07:42 pm »
oops my bad. I thought the jam was due to playlist issues?
Yes, that's right.  :thumb:

So what happened was when I upgraded to Maniac Moose the new partition did not get set correctly and it was very small.  Chris helped me out and got on the unit and did his magic and the size of the partition is now correct.  So now I also get song view and artist view working as well as the genres, artist and etc.  It's nice.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #1889 on: 29 Jun 2017, 08:29 pm »
Exactly that. I tried all the version numbers (0.19.21 and others) and the Maximum Playlist Length.

Is this Manic Moose on BDP-1?

zoom25

« Reply #1890 on: 29 Jun 2017, 09:03 pm »

OTM

« Reply #1891 on: 29 Jun 2017, 10:53 pm »
Hi Zoom
Just checking, after you changed the playlist # did you then scroll down and press save? I forgot the first tome.
David

zoom25

« Reply #1892 on: 29 Jun 2017, 10:57 pm »
Hi Zoom
Just checking, after you changed the playlist # did you then scroll down and press save? I forgot the first tome.
David

Yup. I've tried it like 15-20 times. Even restarted the BDP a couple of times whenever it requested it. I'll give it a try again and update it again if there is something newer and see if that makes any difference.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #1893 on: 29 Jun 2017, 10:58 pm »
Hi Zoom
David

:duh: :duh: :duh:

OTM

« Reply #1894 on: 29 Jun 2017, 11:02 pm »

artur9

« Reply #1895 on: 30 Jun 2017, 01:19 am »
Yup. I've tried it like 15-20 times. Even restarted the BDP a couple of times whenever it requested it. I'll give it a try again and update it again if there is something newer and see if that makes any difference.

To get mine to stick to 600 I made those changes hit save and then immediately restarted the BDP-1.  That got the setting to stick.

Marius

« Reply #1896 on: 30 Jun 2017, 05:44 am »
Is this Manic Moose on BDP-1?

Yep. And IPhone
O. Sorry, wrong answer to a different question  :duh:

Marius

« Reply #1897 on: 30 Jun 2017, 05:48 am »

One could always try and edit the settings file (mpdconf.set) in the user folder manually . Maybe somehow the MM interface won't save it correctly (which would be a bug) but editing directly would work? Seems to stick here (changed the setting in MM, not in the file manually)

Cheers Marius
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2017, 07:49 pm by Marius »

zoom25

« Reply #1898 on: 30 Jun 2017, 06:14 am »
To get mine to stick to 600 I made those changes hit save and then immediately restarted the BDP-1.  That got the setting to stick.

I didn't know there was a 5 second rule.  :duh: I'll try that.

For anyone:

I've been running with everything disabled and just loading folders of WAV. I do have my library duplicated twice. One with WAV and the other with combination of FLAC and ALAC. On Audirvana Plus, all of these appear identical with the same metadata and artwork. I know that WAV is probably going to be a problem with the database, but what about FLAC/AIFF/ALAC. They should all be problem free right?

If the library ends up looking good, it just might be worth it over what WAV brings. I've also read that Soundirok can do WAV with metadata now? I'm trying to piece it all together on where all these things are as of right now.

mikemalter

« Reply #1899 on: 30 Jun 2017, 04:32 pm »