Vinnie Rossi LIO, coming in October, 2014?

SlushPuppy

Re: Vinnie Rossi LIO, coming in October, 2014?
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2014, 10:44 pm »
I'm also interested in the answer to this.  I know I might sound like I'm making a big thing out of nothing, but dealing with the batteries is something that has really kept me from trying out various DC-only gear.  A high quality DC power option without batteries could get me in the game on a few pieces of gear I can think of off the top of my head.  :thumb:

My feelings exactly and this platform is coming at just the right time. Very cool stuff  :thumb:

Rocket

« Reply #21 on: 29 Sep 2014, 12:42 am »
Hi,

I use the LFP Isabella version and the unit can work on ac or dc and there is no problem.  Batteries last for 8 hours and then you can use it on ac if you wish.  The ac implementation is very good.  I used to have an N.E.W. dc 66 battery powered amplifier and what a pain that was as the implementation and power requirements were huge. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Vinnie comes up with.  I just received my new iMod from him and I'm very happy with it.

Cheers Rod

catmansound

« Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2014, 03:34 pm »
Is Redwine no longer selling direct, your web site no longer has purchase link.

ltr317

« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2014, 10:14 pm »
I went back to the Red Wine room on Saturday and yesterday, and did a bit more listening.  The system consisted of the LIO, Vinnie's modded Sony HAP-Z1ES, and Harbeth (I think SHL5) and Vinnie's own (forgot to ask the brand) speakers.  I didn't find out about the cabling either.  Vinnie can chime in if I incorrectly listed the pieces and add anything I missed.  Both PCM and DSD hi-res files stored in the Sony were played during the times I was there.  Volume was up compared to the Friday visit.  With this system, the music played was engaging due to the overall smooth and natural sound, without any stridency or hardness in the highs.  The presentation was clean and dynamic, while the noise floor seemed as quiet as his battery-powered products.  The sound reminded me of analog instead of digital.  Well done!

Paul Mah

p.s. Vinnie - I'm embarrass to ask but I'll do it anyway, what is the name and song of the DSD male vocals you played for me?  I forgot to write it down in my old age.  :oops:

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2014, 10:38 pm »
Good to hear about the dynamics. My first concern with off the grid products. Tho I hadn't heard Vinnie's more recent batteries which IIRC also had solid dynamics from reports. 

Vinnie R.

« Reply #25 on: 1 Oct 2014, 05:04 pm »
All,

Thanks to everyone who was able to attend the "sneak-peek" showing of Vinnie Rossi LIO at the NY Audio Show!

I've been working hard trying to catch up since I've been away.  There is a lot going on as you can imagine!  8)

Here are some links to LIO coverage at NY, and previews by 6moons:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/09/vinnie-rossi-teases-modular-rechargeable-lio-at-nyas-14/

http://theaudiotraveler.com/2014/09/28/new-york-2014-vinnie-rossis-new-lio/

http://6moons.com/industryfeatures/vinnierossi/1.html

http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/vinnierossi/1.html

We will have the new Vinnie Rossi website live this week:  www.vinnierossi.com
(for now, it redirects to Red Wine Audio)

Quote from: catmansound
Is Redwine no longer selling direct, your web site no longer has purchase link.

I temporarily disabled the purchase links on the RWA products until we "officially" launch Vinnie Rossi LIO at
RMAF next week.  Then they will be reactivated. 

Here's hoping there is an ultracapacitor version of the Black lightning, or that a DC output module is one of the offerings for this very very cool offering. Would love to get some of that ultracapacitor juice to my DSPeaker Dual Core 2.0.

All of this is in the works.  When the Vinnie Rossi website launches, you'll see a dedicated blog and user forum where new ideas like this will be
discussed.  You'll want to sign up for our newsletter as well, so you get (approx.) monthly updates on many things.  I do NOT sell out email lists to anyone, and you can unsubscribe at anytime.  But it's a great way to update my customers on what is new and coming down the road, and I'll only be using this when there are ripe n' juicy things to share.  :wink:

Quote from: ltr317
p.s. Vinnie - I'm embarrass to ask but I'll do it anyway, what is the name and song of the DSD male vocals you played for me?  I forgot to write it down in my old age. 

Hi Paul - thanks for visiting our room!  That track I played for you was by Elephant Revival.  Track name - "Quill Pen Feather"
It was from their DSD download (Acoustic Sounds) album - "It's Alive."  The whole album is good, so check it out!

I'll be posting more soon - but I have to catch up on a lot of work and get ready for RMAF new week, where I'll have the new LIO PCM/DSD dac module ready, as well as the Tubestage.  If you'll be at RMAF, please stop by and say hello - I'll be in the CanJam room!

Thanks, everyone!

Vinnie

roscoeiii

« Reply #26 on: 1 Oct 2014, 06:07 pm »
Look forward to seeing you at RMAF. The LIO is on my list in BIG CAPITAL LETTERS.

And great to hear that DC out will be an option at some point. Wow. What a product this looks to be.

christopher3393

« Reply #27 on: 1 Oct 2014, 07:46 pm »
http://www.stereophile.com/content/ny-audio-show-2014-saturday-evening

"In the Fidelis room, Red Wine Audio's Vinnie Rossi introduced a new modular integrated amplifier to be sold under his own name. The LIO can have a passive, auto-transformer or an active, tube-based preamp stage/volume control and an optional DAC board. Unusually, rather than batteries, the amplifier uses 18 Ultracapacitors in two banks of nine, to provide power. The caps were developed for automotive use (in regenerative braking systems) and can be charged much faster than batteries. The LIO switches automatically and seamlessly between one bank and the other when the voltage drops below a predetermined level. Demmed with the latest version of Harbeth's Super HL5 Plus speakers ($6895/pair in cherry), which have upgraded crossovers, the Vinnie Rossi amplifier sounded very promising."

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 1 Oct 2014, 08:13 pm »
That unit has autoformers.   :thumb:

ltr317

« Reply #29 on: 1 Oct 2014, 11:02 pm »
That unit has autoformers.   :thumb:

Yes, Slagle's. 

ltr317

« Reply #30 on: 2 Oct 2014, 01:37 am »

Hi Paul - thanks for visiting our room!  That track I played for you was by Elephant Revival.  Track name - "Quill Pen Feather"
It was from their DSD download (Acoustic Sounds) album - "It's Alive."  The whole album is good, so check it out!

Vinnie

Thanks Vinnie.  I'm on this like veal marsala!

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #31 on: 2 Oct 2014, 02:16 am »
Cool new gear buddy! :thumb:

brj

« Reply #32 on: 3 Oct 2014, 06:51 am »
Vinnie, this looks like a very interesting unit!  Congrats!

Do you have words somewhere that explain in greater detail the benefits of the ultra-capacitors relative to a battery solution, especially a battery system fronted by something akin to a PI Audio BatteryBUSS?

(Sorry, but it's been too long since I've sufficiently researched the build of your previous battery powered units to know whether they had a similar filter/impedance adjustment component in front of their batteries.)

Thanks!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #33 on: 3 Oct 2014, 05:03 pm »
Thanks, everyone!

Quote from: brj
Do you have words somewhere that explain in greater detail the benefits of the ultra-capacitors relative to a battery solution, especially a battery system fronted by something akin to a PI Audio BatteryBUSS?

Hi brj,

Yes, it will be on the vinnierossi.com website that is coming very soon (hopefully today!).

If you still have questions after viewing it, please let me know.

All,

Here is a link to a LIO teaser video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPigQ_5N_s

More videos will follow after launch.   :hyper:

Hope to see many of you at RMAF next week!

Vinnie

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #34 on: 3 Oct 2014, 09:01 pm »
Is LIO an acronym? If so, what does it stand for?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #35 on: 3 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm »
Is LIO an acronym? If so, what does it stand for?

My two daughters and my wife. :whip:

Vinnie

christopher3393

« Reply #36 on: 4 Oct 2014, 12:43 am »
So much for line input-output. DOH!

This is way better!

mytubes211

• Please no BS !!!
« Reply #37 on: 4 Oct 2014, 01:30 am »
Nice Vinnie  :thumb:

Ritchie

Vinnie R.

« Reply #38 on: 4 Oct 2014, 02:55 am »
Vinnie Rossi beta site is live:

http://vinnierossi.com/

8)

Captainhemo

« Reply #39 on: 4 Oct 2014, 04:43 am »
Llooks good Vinnie  (LIO & the site )   :thumb: :thumb:
Been reading lots about  the Sig 16/57 ove the past  little while,   looks like I'm back to square 1 iwth LIO now  !!  Looking forward   to it

-jay